Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [Windows/Linux] Dwarf Companion Combat Reports, standalo  (Read 818 times)

CautionToTheWind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[Windows/Linux] Dwarf Companion Combat Reports, standalo
« on: March 09, 2008, 03:21:00 pm »

This utility turns on combat reports in fortress mode. It is bartavelle's Dwarf Companion, stripped of all its functionality except turning on the combat reports, which it does as soon as it is run.

Why?
I wanted combat reports on my Linux setup and was having trouble building an exe and running it in wine. The trouble comes from the gui package, so i removed all that, and made it turn on the combat reports when it is run. It says "done!" in the end. This tool brings bartavelle's work on the combat reports option to all the people that do not want to set up a build environment.

How?
It never failed me, i just start DF, load, pause, run this program and when it is done i unpause and that is all.

More!
It goes great with the idea someone posted of running tail -f on gamelog.txt. Now i am working on some keyword highlighting for that, which i should post later. Anyone want to suggest a good keyword list of things we should mind in the endless sparring reports, go ahead and post it. A list of the names of creatures that can attack the dwarves should be a good start.

Obviously if bartavelle asks me to remove this then it will go.

Here it is:

dwarf fortress file depot: Download

All thanks to bartavelle.

[ March 11, 2008: Message edited by: CautionToTheWind ]

[ March 12, 2008: Message edited by: CautionToTheWind ]

bartavelle

• Bay Watcher
  • Coin coin!
    • View Profile
Re: [Windows/Linux] Dwarf Companion Combat Reports, standalo
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 08:14:00 am »

This is cool to me, but I guess you should put the file on the DF file repository thingie.

trousermonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://trousermonkey.dyndns.org
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 12:03:00 am »

That would be the dwarf fortress file depot.  

Please post it there - I'm interested in checking this out (and I hate rapidshare).

CautionToTheWind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 08:35:00 am »

It is now posted on dwarf fortress file depot.

CautionToTheWind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 06:40:00 am »

I uploaded the wrong version of the file by mistake. The new, fixed one is up now.