Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Tower of Makhios - I Lost Count of the Turns (8/8, waitlist open)  (Read 9726 times)

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Makhios - Turn 6 (8/8, waitlist open)
« Reply #150 on: June 18, 2023, 09:01:00 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Magic another bat with my staff
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Makhios - Turn 4 (8/8, waitlist open)
« Reply #151 on: June 18, 2023, 09:37:10 pm »

Bat bats for fun and profit.

Spoiler: Mu (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 19, 2023, 08:23:14 am »

Strange statue probably wants Shanks to sacrifice some blood or something to it but Shanks isn't confident enough for that so Shanks shall leave strange statue room and check out other one!

Spoiler:  Shanks The Monsters (click to show/hide)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 24, 2023, 08:35:16 pm »

WIP

Will post full action later, currently packing for cruise trip

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 03, 2023, 11:21:08 pm »

Sorry y'all, I feel like our momentum sputtered out and I'm not really sure how to handle the situation. I hope you all can understand why I'm issuing a moratorium on the Tower - in retrospect, the scope that I had planned for it simply doesn't feel like it works well with the more minimalist RTD style that seem to be most engaging and successful. I appreciate everyone who expressed interest in joining, and wish you all the best!
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 03, 2023, 11:39:55 pm »

Bah! But I need more in depth RTDs! I cannot subsist on minimalism alone! D:
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 04, 2023, 12:40:33 am »

I avoid minimalists constantly because they're like potato chips. Nice for a moment, but nothing more. In-depth games like this one are where I find real satisfaction.

We've got actions from 5 players. That's still quite a bit of interest. Why not just run a turn where people that haven't posted just stand around and do nothing?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 05, 2023, 07:43:39 pm »

That’s sad. I just got back from my cruise. Are you still interested in running? I can post now because unfortunately, the Bahamas apparently aren’t known for quality Wi-Fi services

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 08, 2023, 12:38:09 am »

All very fair points. I'll have a turn up tomorrow and we'll see what happens!

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 08, 2023, 10:12:36 am »

Will post turn in next 6 hrs!
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 10, 2023, 01:54:02 am »

I'm going to wait one more day, since I'd like to make sure that everyone who's still willing to play can keep up the momentum, but I have a turn at the ready for some time tomorrow, which I'll be posting then regardless of missing turns

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 10, 2023, 02:42:25 am »

Will post turn in next 6 hrs!
Hmm, musta meant his fence.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Makhios - OPEN
« Reply #162 on: July 10, 2023, 10:23:09 pm »

I think they've got this, but I need to show that I'm not useless!
I use my fire on the bats overhead!

Spoiler: Meleria (click to show/hide)

Roll Focus: 5+2 = 7

Bolts of fire springs from Meleria's fingertips again, arcing and looping in an almost graceful fashion before colliding with the bats still huddled on the ceiling. Being grouped together, the entire bunch of scorched and set alight, plummeting to the ground in a stinking, burning mess of leathery wings and snapping maws.

Meleria gains 0.5 Arcana!

Interesting. I wonder if trying to use the knife will expend it? Maybe better to keep a hold of it for now.
Wait quietly for the last bats to fly down and attack the others. If one survives, kick it in the back.

Spoiler: Isolde (click to show/hide)

Roll Skill-at-arms: 2, 4

Bat bats for fun and profit.

Spoiler: Mu (click to show/hide)

Roll Skill-at-arms: 1, 4+2 = 6

The immolated bats, left at the mercy of the party, are quickly bludgeoned and dispatched. Mu finds great satisfaction in the way they crunch, while Isolde is less than satisfied with the way they dirty her boots. Nonetheless, the room is cleared!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Magic another bat with my staff

With the bats dispatched one and all, Vaolu is greeted with an opportunity to catch his breath.

Roll Conviction: 3

Vaolu loses 0.25 Arcana!

Strange statue probably wants Shanks to sacrifice some blood or something to it but Shanks isn't confident enough for that so Shanks shall leave strange statue room and check out other one!

Spoiler:  Shanks The Monsters (click to show/hide)

Shanks dips out of the room and closes the door, and just in time at that - a blur of motion descending from the ceiling and the sudden sound of raspy breathing tells Shanks that the room was not, in fact, as empty as it first seemed. Whatever's in the room seems unable to open the door, although the sound of something scratching against the stone surface indicates that it's certainly trying. The other door leads to a room that finally distinguishes itself from the grey brickwork that the rest of the Tower so far has been composed of: stepping over the threshold, Shanks finds himself struck immediately by the heat and humidity of this very, very large room, sporting a high ceiling bedecked with small points of light as to resemble a night sky. The ground is covered in a thick layer of soil, and plants of every shape and size imaginable sprout from it. Shanks, being well-traveled, recognizes these plants as jungle flora. The leaves and shrubbery that stretch out in all directions make it impossible to search for the area's entrances or exits. What looks to be a somewhat traveled path leads straight out from the door, but it certainly isn't the only way to go - following the wall in either direction could perhaps prove a safer pathway.

(I don't rest a bit? Would rather not have to pay for medicine or healing cause I got hurt.)

Lenglon's response more or less covers it. Natural healing is a very slow process that will take effect only over multiple turns, although resting and medicine may accelerate it. Making healing too accessible would devalue the utility of healing magic and perks.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Makhios - I Lost Count of the Turns (8/8, waitlist open)
« Reply #163 on: July 10, 2023, 10:34:36 pm »

Isolde holds the icy throwing knife up by the blade, examining it more closely now that there's a moment.

"This might not be as valuable as I'd hoped. Wonder why I got a vision about it? Meleria, do you want it? Could... eat its iciness, or something."
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Makhios - I Lost Count of the Turns (8/8, waitlist open)
« Reply #164 on: July 10, 2023, 11:33:49 pm »

"I... don't know. I can touch it and see what happens if you want."

Spoiler: Meleria (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12