Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Toccata of Dusk [OoC]  (Read 1670 times)

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
Fire Emblem on Forums: Toccata of Dusk [OoC]
« on: May 03, 2023, 03:21:29 pm »

Iron Blue Intention - Arrangement by The Noble Demon

Anno Domini nostri Iesu Christi 1696
It is the middle of the second Azov campaign in the Russo-Turkish war. News of paranormal sightings of creatures of the night began to skyrocket within Europe and the Ottoman Empire. Even though it is the midst of Spring, it seems like the night grows longer and longer, instead of making way for daylight as it is the natural order. Cults of heretics and sacrilegious criminals are on the rise, performing sinister rituals. As it stands, there will be little to no sunlight during Summer if the trend continues. Tsar Peter the Great accuses Sultan Mustafa II of witchcraft and pacts with the devil, but as rumors and news of sightings continue to spread, the source of this tragic turn of events may lie somewhere else.

Istria
Monster sightings have been especially intense in the center of the peninsula, to the point that its inhabitants either crossed the Adriatic Sea or fled north- respectively eastwards, even if it meant moving closer to the Croatian Military Front. The few who come from the center and survived to tell the tale told of the sudden appearance of a sinister castle in a village that suddenly turned into desolate ruins decades ago for unknown reasons, its name swiftly forgotten for it has become a cursed place for the surrounding locals. For lack of a name, it soon became known as the "Demon's Castle".

But not all wish to keep their distance. Two young members of the Grando Clan from Tuscany were sailing towards Istria. Their goal: To find the source of this evil and to vanquish it. The Grando Clan is still relatively young and while they enjoy moderate wealth, it is known that there is a monster-hunting branch of the family training vigorously. It is that branch that is often the target of mockery, and it is is from that branch that these two members hail from.

Alas, terrible weather forced them to harbor in Trieste and continue by carriage. Eventually they reached Pazin, once a flourishing castle town under Habsburg control, now mostly deserted except for a few dozen still clinging to normalcy and holding strong. From there, Leo and Vincenza Grando are planning their next move.
And so are the inhabitants of the Demon's Castle...

Welcome to Fire Emblem on Forums - Toccata of Dusk!

The ruleset used for this game is the FEF Player's Handbook v3.Elf plus the following supplements:
Elf's Additional Mainline Classes and Skills
Elf's Expanded Classes
Elf's Gun Classes
Only the Player's Handbook is mandatory reading material. Not using the supplements will not make your character less valid and it's the whole package that is important to me, not that they cover specific combat roles.
It is further recommended to be part of the Bay12 FEF Discord server. A link to the server can be found in the main FEF hub.

The recruitment phase will last for a minimum of three weeks, until and including May 31st. I am looking for between six and eight players.
There will be an audit on the 17th to check in detail if and where adjustments are required, and I will always be avaible via DMs and said Bay12 FEF Discord server (latter preferred)

Spoiler: Who are you? (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Current considerations during the Recruitment phase
  • There may be the inclusion of Threat Attacks (powerful but telegraphed AoE attacks), Great Monsters (enemies occupying multiple tiles), Agile Combatants (certain enemies, mostly bosses, will have multiple turns per Enemy Phase) and Life Points (certain enemies, mostly bosses, will deplete a Life Point instead of being defeated when reduced to 0 HP, refilling their HP instantly). I'm still internally prototyping what might be the best fit for the game, just be aware now that any combination of these can become part of the game. Maybe even all of them at various points.
  • For the sake of designing Personal Faults and Skills, consider the following keywords to appear regularely on enemies: Beast, Demon, Undead. These can be in addition to Flying, Horseback and Levitation.

Those who wander in darkness, to bring light:
« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 03:39:12 pm by SirAston »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Toccata of Dusk [OoC]
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2023, 03:38:42 pm »

wao

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2023, 03:49:03 pm »

*splats*

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2023, 04:07:32 pm »

"Where in G-d's name am I?"

« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 06:15:55 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2023, 04:41:42 pm »

"What strange company! You may call me Sasaki. Let us be allies."
Spoiler: Sasaki Chimazen (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 04:22:33 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2023, 05:48:25 pm »

Stares at the other burly dudes. "How rare... Few can claim to match my stature. What say we have a contest? I'm sure a good brawl will liven people up in these times. Heaven knows we need it."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 02:49:11 pm by TricMagic »

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2023, 07:48:40 am »

OoC updated to include two more supplements and the notion that there will be an audit on the 17th.

LyfeldLesk

• Bay Watcher
  • Wandering Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2023, 08:36:58 am »

I am reeled in - so omw to jump into this

« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 11:59:19 am by LyfeldLesk »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2023, 09:17:55 am »

"Aiya, don't be so uptight! Come now, stay by the fire. You'll die your death of cold, and I'd hate to lose a new friend."
Spoiler: bring out your dead (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 01:45:21 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2023, 09:40:21 am »

"All it takes for evil to be defeated is for good men to unite in righteous purpose. And a bit of steel, occasionally."

« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 07:19:23 pm by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2023, 02:51:04 pm »

: If yer buyin', I'm in!
Spoiler: THE RETURN (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 01:17:40 pm by Solymr »

adzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2023, 07:55:04 am »

"Well, I should have expected I would have to work with Christians eventually... ooooh no, do not throw that "how about friends" stuff at me... yet."

« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 07:09:52 am by adzi »

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2023, 02:42:08 am »

« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 06:03:06 am by ctsun »

xelada

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2023, 12:12:03 am »

Greetings, my name is Kay Bahniskrik, as a Practitioner and Scholar of the Azure Arts, I hope we can work together in a most edifying manner.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2023, 02:55:22 am by xelada »

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2023, 12:23:01 pm »

Quote from: Smoke Mirrors, Jonathan Harker, Esq.
Crunch side: elf buffed statlines for his custom classes at some point after opening the OoC, including Jurist. Adjust to the new and improved statline.
As for Man out of Time, how does it handle C-Rank supports? Clarify, or change, the PF. Back to the Future, I'd put to +2 DR instead since the condition is relatively easy to trigger. Trauma and a Grudge is weird, but I'd probably allow it if it penalized Hit instead of Evasion. Will think about it. Otherwise, +2 DMG against Undead is always a fine alternative.
Fluff side: Ah, yes, the jest that kicked open the door of turning this into Soul Calibur *laughs*
Most of the bio is essentially a synposis of Bram Stoker's Dracula, but then again, getting isekai'd has little to add to the opening moments of entering a metaphorically new world. Just a small correction that the Grando siblings are monster hunters, not specifically Vampire Hunters, although one could say that Jon felt an all-to familiar aura coming from them. Other than that, it gets a pass.
Quote from: SeriousConcentrate, Sasaki Chimazen
Crunch side: Grammaton has Light Gun (C) proficiency. Rest is fine.
Fluff side: Ah yes, I am pleased to see Sasaki again, and in such splendid form too! Gets a pass.
Quote from: TricMagic, Bernhard
Crunch side: Looks good overall.
Fluff side: Simple, but effective. Having a local join arms is always a nice concept. Gets a pass.
Quote from: LyfeldLesk, Joseph York
Crunch side: I still hate those growth numbers *laughs* Everything looks alright on this front otherwise. All On The Line is technically on the same level as the Gambler's Wild Card and thus stacking up, but given the rather steep condition, I'll allow it. Also note which of the two Starting Weapon you'd like to have.
Fluff side: No story, no background, no service.
Quote from: IamanElfCollaborator, Lin Guifei
Crunch side: Aiya, I'm counting 345 growth points! The rest looks fine, even if I'd prefer if PF and Beyond the Dawn could be more precise in how long the (de)buff lasts (until end of next turn and "While an ally" I'd accept for each. Similarily, "While under 50% HP" for Even If My Life Ends for clarity).
Fluff side: I like the story very much, good stuff with the hint of subversive and "surprisingly realistic" comedy one expects from elf. Gets a pass.
Quote from: IcyTea31, Friar Amadeo
Crunch side: Either make Ars Venatoris focus on either Monster or Undead, or make it +1 DMG against both. The statline is wrong for Infiiltrator. Other than that, the rest is fine. Also if you could squeeze down the map sprite into a square, that would be nice.
Fluff side: Fry those demons, friar! Gets a pass.
Quote from: Solymr, Baurus "Barry" Gibbs
Crunch side: Missing 5 Growth points since we're starting at First Class. Personals shouldn't share the same condition (including PF and a PS sharing one), so either adjust the PF or Highlander. Also add "until end of next turn" for Neverending Party for clarity. Other than that, I'm seeing what you're cooking there, and I like it.
Fluff side: Quick but effective. Gets a pass.
Quote from: adzi, Jahid
Crunch side: Looking good, nothing much to comment on.
Fluff side: The same here. Gets a pass.
Quote from: ctsun, Sigurd Baldrsson
Crunch side: Missing 5 Growth points since we're starting at First Class. You can actually buff Forged in Valhalla, either starting with the second enemy or +2/+1 per enemy starting with the third. Also note which of the two Starting Weapon you'd like to have.
Fluff side: CROATIAN VIKING. I love it even if it's silly, then again, we have Literal Jonathan Jarker too. Gets a pass.
Quote from: xelada, Kay Heathbrush
Crunch side: Change Mirror Mirror on the Wall to "The lastest spell obtained from an Enemy has +15 Hit against that Enemy's First Class and its promotions until the end of the Map" for the sake of consistency (and avoiding too much GM bookkeeping). The rest looks good.
Fluff side: Lots of brackets, but a well-written bio nonetheless. Gets a pass.
Pages: [1] 2