Dwarf Fortress > DF Adventure Mode Discussion

need wrestling help.

(1/4) > >>

Popo:
whenever I try to wrestle something, I seem to only be able to release holds, throw, take-down, or pinch the held area. I don't know how to do locks, I can only do grabs. if I grab the throat, I can strangle, and I know how to gouge out eyes, but if I grab, say, a dog's right rear leg, I can only pinch or release. I tried attacking by both pressing A and choosing to attack and by moving into the enemies' square, but all that does is release a grab, or punch an (usually) unrelated area. I'm wielding no weapons, and am a talented wrestler. how do I get into locks?[ October 21, 2007: Message edited by: Popo ]

Greiger:
Not 100% sure on this one but I think you can only perform locks on stuff with 'humanoid joints'.  I tried to perform locks and stuff on mules before and had the same problem. Since I know my way around the raws a little I assumed it is because mules technically don't have joints.If yer trying to train wrestling gouging out their eyes then pinching their head repeatedly seems to do the trick.EDIT: Durn Shrek movie got me mixing up donkeys with mules.[ October 21, 2007: Message edited by: Greiger ]

Popo:
I was able to do locks on a kobold by grabbing various areas like upper right arm and upper left arm. maybe that's the trick.though, I remember grabbing his arm with just my right hand and proceeding to break his shoulder.

Greiger:
Yea it doesn't seem to care what yer using to try to perform a lock just as long as you have it.  Heck, mod in a race with wings without making a custom wing definition and they can use their wings to do all that stuff.

Popo:
you're right, you can't lock animals, it seems.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version