Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: TURKISH ELECTIONS ARE... Over. All is lost. (TurkePol Thread?)  (Read 10933 times)

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: TURKISH ELECTIONS ARE TODAY
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2023, 04:10:11 pm »

Harrowing stuff, especially since he gets a second chance in two weeks even if he fails to reach 50% of the votes now.

PTW

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2023, 04:54:27 pm »

EHA starts June 7th. I always feel bad about the Turkish delegation because they always have a nice stand, in which they always serve up sweets and make a pitch for an Eurasian haematology summit in Istanbul, which would allow mingling of haematologists from Europe and Asia to meet and prepare projects together, which is a really good idea in principle (really there's a lot of teams doing interesting stuff in Japan and China) but it doesnt quite get the traction it should in part because of the political situation.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2023, 06:11:21 pm »

ERSOĞAN IS TRYING TO FAKE A VICTORY

KEMAL HAS ALREADY WON

WE WIN
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2023, 06:24:33 pm »

Finger crossed that Erdogoose gets voted out. It's about time that he leaves, after pissing on Atatürk's grave for 2 decades. Bring back the modern secular awesome Turkey that it was before Erdogan (with some added peace sauce towards the Kurdish people)!
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2023, 06:34:39 pm »

Don't forget about Ersoğan contesting the results to the Supreme Court he appointed, who invariably announces him the winner.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2023, 07:04:29 pm »

Yeah, sadly Turkey is becoming to look like more and more like the USA
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2023, 07:06:01 pm »

Yeah, sadly Turkey is becoming to look like more and more like the USA
HA HA!
Yeah, I was thinking of the Bush v. Gore decision as I was writing that...

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2023, 07:27:00 pm »

or not

Ugh... Second Turn it is!
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2023, 01:08:43 am »

IMO, With AKP getting so many seats in the parliament, even if Erdogan will somehow lose the second round, it will not be a meaningful victory for the opposition.  AKP + various brands of Islamists will have a majority in the Turkish parliament

As an anti-theist I am really disappointed and worried, political Islam is not only there to stay, it is becoming stronger everywhere.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: TURKISH ELECTIONS ARE TWO WEEKS FROM NOW
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2023, 04:03:57 am »

We are left for the second turn. There will only be KK and ersoğan then. 1v1, for all.

And if a person has taken over an entire countries worth of organisations, systems and positions, cheat like it's free, and still can't win it in the first round...

Then there is still hope.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2023, 07:15:10 am »

God speed, cube.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2023, 07:50:10 am »

Just curious - I assume your country doesn't have term limits?  I think this is one of the things that the USA got correct, political system speaking.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2023, 12:06:07 pm »

Just curious - I assume your country doesn't have term limits?  I think this is one of the things that the USA got correct, political system speaking.
It does, but they rebooted their government in 2018 so Erdogan's party's official position is that the term limits were reset because "President" is now a new, different office. I'm not clear on whether any courts have explicitly endorsed this, but it seems to be broadly assumed that he can run for another two terms now.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2023, 06:13:34 pm »

So... There are some good news and some bad news.

Bad news is that Erdoğan is still the president, and his voting block is still foolishly loyal to him.

Good news, are plenty, but are small individually.

First is that even with all the gerrymandering, campaigns, bribes, cheating, voter supression attempts, and the fact he literally owns the goverment right now, he still couldn't finish this in the first try. This is the first time this has happened to him. The fact that he literally used all possible cards he can possibly have and still not win, means that we are still in the game!

Second is that their voters are in absolute shock right now. They thought they would simply steamroll into another first-round victory. That didn't happen. This will break many spirits.

And speaking of broken spirits, the third thing is that we are fighting back with social media. AKP voters are literally the human version of sheep (This a fact. I will not discuss or take critism about it.), since they are composed of religious and elderly voters, so they are easily lead by what is the most emotionally impactful. We are constantly showering them with information about the scandals of child sexual abuse in Islamic congregations, how Erdoğan literally allied himswlf with Fetullah, and the recent statement by HÜDA-PAR about a possible alliance with PKK.

IF THEY CAN TROLL, SO CAN WE. AND WE OUTNUMBER THEM 5 TO 1!

I am now going back to the low budget psyop we are running on Facebook AKP sympathiser groups. Wish me luck, so that I won't die of cringe before I can make it out of there.

CODENAME: BIGDICKENERGY

I AM OUT

OVER

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2023, 07:28:00 pm »

The local pundits think Erdogan has this election as good as won. That the AKP electorate is more likely to be galvanised by the victory in the parliament and good presidential results, while the opposition more likely to be disheartened by heavily underperforming vis-a-vis the expectations - rather than the other way around. Furthermore, the 5% of the electorate that voted for the third candidate are more closely aligned with AKP than the opposition. And KK would need pretty much >all< of those votes to win as things stand today.
So, unless there was a rather sizeable block of opposition voters that played truant for some reason - perhaps believing some of the polls that this would be such a resounding win for KK that they don't have to even move their arses - there is not much that can flip the first round's result on its head.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16