Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: TURKISH ELECTIONS ARE... Over. All is lost. (TurkePol Thread?)  (Read 9989 times)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Re: TURKISH ELECTIONS ARE TWO WEEKS FROM NOW
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2023, 07:40:25 pm »

Do they even know what an absolute cheater he is?

Those numbers are illegitimate at best.

Their voters are in genuine shock as they have never experienced a defeat before, while we are seasoned election veterans.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2023, 07:59:00 pm »

Same pundits say no election tampering was reported by independent observers or otherwise, other than the state-controlled media campaign. But they predicted that whichever side lost the vote would likely contest the results. But you have about ~5% difference in there. It would require massive fraud operation to pull off and there's no evidence of anything of that scale (is what they say).

Their voters are in genuine shock as they have never experienced a defeat before, while we are seasoned election veterans.
What defeat, though? They've won the parliament, and they nearly got the presidency in the first round. At best they're not winning as hard as usual. Which, again, seems more likely to be a waking call for the absentees rather than a source of despondency.

But I wish you luck. More liberal democracy, less autocracy - is always preferable in my book.

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2023, 08:08:46 pm »

The election was free but its hard to say it was fair, from media manipulation to raising public workers wages.

The local pundits think Erdogan has this election as good as won. [..]
Same here. Now i'll be looking if he change his position on Sweden.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2023, 10:37:17 pm »

Magmacube_tr's enthusiasm reminds me of my first elections ( Ukrainian presidential elections of 2004) and there are certain similarities in that elections and the current Turkish.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2023, 05:37:46 am »

Be the voter that pierces the heavens

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2023, 06:24:46 am »

Same pundits say no election tampering was reported by independent observers or otherwise, other than the state-controlled media campaign.

Yeah about that...

It is proven by now that AKP cheating was rampant.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2023, 06:29:04 am »

Yeah about that...

It is proven by now that AKP cheating was rampant.
Millions of voters in Turkey on May 14 went to the polls to elect a president and members of parliament. During election day, there were reports of attacks, frauds, and attempts to prevent voting at polling stations from all over the country. Daily Evrensel reporters complied the incidents.

People’s Democratic Party (HDP) Press Office announced that around two thousand people in southeastern Gaziantep province, who are mostly Green and Left Party (YSP) voters, were unable to vote because they had been registered as polling officials from the Patriotic Party without being informed.

Also in Diyarbakır, around 200 voters who were assigned as polling officials without their knowledge were not allowed to vote.
Wew that is a novel form of voter suppression. Certainly one for the history books

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2023, 07:22:09 am »

Exactly, Erdoğan will never not cheat. It is just not a possibility.

Take everything about this election with a generous dosage of salt.

I personally don't even think he got 49.5 in the first turn. I think it is actually much lower, and he is trying to break morale. He knows he will lose if the opposition makes a some strategic moves.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2023, 07:30:09 am »

Those are small scale, no? You'd need millions of votes' worth of fraud to contest that 5% lead.
Do note that all parties accepted the results.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2023, 08:01:32 am »

Aren't manipulating the election numbers about the last thing you do when trying to fudge an election? Erdoğan is a noted dirty player, but he may very well have expected control over media to be enough to secure a victory in the first round.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2023, 08:04:15 am »

Yeah, that's not how it works here.

Setting aside the fact that they literally witheld opposition-heavy votes for the last two days, the fact that everyone accepted it means nothing.

All concrete evidence of cheating is kept by YSK (previously, that is, many papers have been revealed with massive frauds, particularly of MHP.), and YSK is pretty much a puppet of Ersoğan. Opposition knows there is cheating, but they can't prove it. If they accuse, YSK won't deliver any evidence and deny the accusation outright. Furthermore, opposition would be then subjected to lies about them lying about the election results. So the opposition don't voice complaints about it and are now increasing their own security and survelliance measures. It is a total standstill.

Things didn't happen as either side would've liked.

And besides. Syrians. Just, Syrians.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2023, 11:37:34 am »

ERSOĞAN CHEATED

OFFICALLY CONFIRMED

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2023, 07:09:15 pm »

Lol, love that.

I reckon those who already support Erdoğan don't give a shit about cheating - but if there were any leftover voters who didn't come out last time, this might be what mobilizes them. Sadly, cheating in an election doesn't have that many downsides, in most governments.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2023, 02:11:32 pm »

They don't even believe ersoğan cheated in the first place. That is how absolutely deluded they are.

Ersoğan literally has the fucking pig tiers with him. And they want sharia law. Idiots who voted for ersoğan won't realise their folly until Dollar becomes 50, their woman and girls are forcibly put in full body burqas, and beaten and harassed for getting out of home alone. And they won't get to vote, ever again. Then their one collective braincell will register that maybe voting for such apparent facists was not the best idea.

And what is the most annoying?! Some would even like being put into that position. As long as ersoğan says something about "foreign powahs", their persecution will be satisfied. They will see themselves as martyrs for some greater cause while working for literal starvation wages.

"Türkiye is too important to be left at the hands of Turks".

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16