Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: [IC] Tress U7: 4x Magical Girl Crossover Battle✩Royale: Sunset Over the Cosmos  (Read 5422 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tayir

"I'm still not sure why you got wings and I had to lose mine."

At that, Tayir transforms as well, then proceeds onwards with the group towards Neon Town.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile

All

Luckily, the trek to the Land of Games and Chores proves uneventful.

The land itself feels less like a city and more like a video game hub town. There's NPCs milling all about, much like Hinako's realm, and most of them simply phase through you if you try to flag them down. You also find that virtually every door requires some kind of special keycard to enter, with different levels depending on the importance of the door.

There's no sign of the land's ruler just yet. It's a fair bet that she's inside one of the buildings.
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile

Brynn
"I don't suppose either of you has ideas on where we can find keycards, given...?" Brynn casually stuck her hand through a passing npc, eliciting not even so much as a bit of eye contact as it continued on its way. She had considered simply fading into mist and trying to get into the buildings using the ventilation systems or any other openings, but she knew from the last encounter even something normally trivial like that would burn through what scarce reserves she had left.

That and most of the buildings may damn well be window dressing with nothing of note on the inside.
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Aiko and Shizu

Aiko had been as tense as a wound up spring the entire trip over. It was not a natural look for a girl so loose and carefree by nature.

The moment they reached the unfamiliar city, she felt like she could breath again, visibly loosening up despite still being in ostensibly hostile territory. "Well, in video games you usually find them on some NPCs! The more important the mob the higher level key they carry!"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tayir

"That sounds like an idea, and I'll support it.  Lets go find someone relatively important and take their card."

"Other than that.. well, maybe we can make the ruler come to us?  Like make a big sign and walk around with it or something?  I'm sure if we put up like markers or something we can arrange for some kind of chat."

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile

Brynn
"Like a video game... I see." She honestly couldn't think of a better analogy for this place, given the largely lifeless artifice surrounding them. Much like in the Land of Clubs of Insomnia. None of these shades truly mattered, but perhaps they were right and there were a few that were a bit more fleshed out.

"Come, it won't find itself." She wasted no time heading off in search of just such a 'boss' apparition, walking through lesser denizens along the way with as much care and notice as they showed the trio.
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All

Further exploration doesn't reveal any interactable NPCs, but you do start to get a feel for how things work here. There's the locked doors, but also some buildings seem to have totally inaccessible doors, which the shades will go in and out of Feely, but you cannot pass through no matter what. There's also three doors which you can enter, sort of. Trying to go through them causes you to feel as though reality disappears and the interior appears, while any of the party that don't enter will see those who do simply standing there outside the door.

These three doors all seem to lead to shops. One selling food, one selling clothes, and one selling video games.

None selling keycards.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tayir.

"I don't eat, and I'm new to this whole clothing thing.  How about you two check out those two?  Or maybe we should stick together?

Check out the video game shop.

Although unfamiliar, video games are visually interesting, and Tayir certainly has an affinity to two-dimensional images.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2023, 03:39:29 am by Devastator »

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile

Brynn

"It would be better to stick together, lest one of us gets caught alone. Granted, the master of this zone is likely nowhere near as powerful as Dorothy..."

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tayir

As noted, you seem to phase into a new area entirely, leaving your body behind. The shop sells a wide variety of games, though you've no idea what they'd be played on as there's no consoles or hardware of any kind on sale.

Aiko, Shizu, and Brynn

The facade of a world continues to be just that, with no sign of the realm's magical girl. The frustration of the complete lack of interactability is starting to set in. It's like this world was made to have every appearance of excitement and wonder, but then it's creator completely forgot to actually include any substance.
Defile Circles Discord

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"That is weird.  Maybe you play these on your mind.  Or maybe they're just the imitations of games."

Pick a box up and hold it against my head, imagining the action depicted within.

"I suppose it makes sense, though, no sense in locking people up with an endless library of fun things to do."

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tayir

When you attempt to pick the game up, you find yourself incapable of even reaching for it. Every time you try, a buzzing sound plays.
Defile Circles Discord
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]