- 0 (0%)
Bloodsinger
- 0 (0%)
Boar
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 27, 2023, 04:40:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 52

Author Topic: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - COMPLETED  (Read 22193 times)

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - TURN 6 - MARROWFAT
« Reply #210 on: May 23, 2023, 08:26:36 am »

Spoiler: Orders (click to show/hide)

Minor error in the scout report for A8, it reports that the Wolf Crystal is found there instead of A7.

(By the way how does this bonus / penalty work in a mixed army with Bog Cats? Same as with Barbarians?)
Mixed armies are normal for the cats, so I should probably just make it apply to the cats as that's what the wording in the OP implies.
That would work for the attack bonus in marshes, but I guess the -1 attack penalty vs Cats would apply to all rolls of the attacking Lord?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 23, 2023, 08:38:58 am »

Spoiler: Orders (click to show/hide)

Minor error in the scout report for A8, it reports that the Wolf Crystal is found there instead of A7.
Oh! Well then there are three artefacts in A7 I guess.

(By the way how does this bonus / penalty work in a mixed army with Bog Cats? Same as with Barbarians?)
Mixed armies are normal for the cats, so I should probably just make it apply to the cats as that's what the wording in the OP implies.
That would work for the attack bonus in marshes, but I guess the -1 attack penalty vs Cats would apply to all rolls of the attacking Lord?
That's right, as long as there are cats and it's a marsh.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 23, 2023, 08:43:20 am »

The Speculator's Rod specifies that it only works on "empty" hills, to clarify empty means no mine, quarry or fort on it already?

Also Egan_BW, I may want to rent your rod in the near future, since it looks like I'll be taking some hills soon. Would you be willing to rent it for such ventures? And if so, do you have any idea what price you'd accept for renting it? I'm really not sure how much that should be at all. It might have to be a fairly long term rental though with only 25% chance per turn.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 08:50:36 am by Criptfeind »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 23, 2023, 08:50:12 am »

If only because the tiles are quite cluttered as it is, I'm going to rule that a hill fort tile isn't empty and that you can't build forts on quarries and mines. I'll update the OP.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 23, 2023, 08:53:01 am »

Yeah, that makes sense. A bit of a shame since I think I'd rather have a quarry than a fort in that location.

Can one deconstruct a fort? I don't see any rules for it, so I'd assume no, but I figure I should ask.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 23, 2023, 10:34:16 am »

Yeah, that makes sense. A bit of a shame since I think I'd rather have a quarry than a fort in that location.

Can one deconstruct a fort? I don't see any rules for it, so I'd assume no, but I figure I should ask.
RULE UPDATE

I have added rules in the OP for dismantling forts and castles, burning forests and villages, filling mines and flooding quarries. Also, considering their rarity (none have appeared so far), I've upped the gold income for gold mines to +2.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 23, 2023, 09:11:27 pm »

Hm, so does not every empty tile with barbarians in it count as an ambush? I noticed that Vermillion was able to attack first against the swarm on K15. Or is the ambush negated if you scout first / have knowledge of the tile?

Just asking because currently the two situations look identical.

Cryptfiend, I'll probably keep the rod on me until I'm not getting any value, then maybe sell it for gold or such. Fort Birch isn't giving me a huge amount of value anyways.
I mean, it's surrounded by barbarians who I'd assume would rush me if I tore down the walls, but mechanically that tile is at no greater risk than any other!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 09:37:28 pm by Egan_BW »
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - Turn FOO
« Reply #217 on: May 23, 2023, 09:39:12 pm »

1 Gold looted, 2 Engines expended.
1 Wood cut. 1 Army recruited. 1 Gold taxed.
Ship built!

Land at S8 with 6 armies.
Go go go! I want that loot! :D
March on R15 with 1 army. If they should meet someone's scouts trying to yoink the Rod, shoo them away.
Hey, if it's empty I get the loot quick. If my army dies, they can be replaced~

« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 10:22:10 pm by Egan_BW »
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 23, 2023, 10:00:11 pm »

((PtW or waitlist this looks cool.))
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 23, 2023, 10:57:02 pm »

Spoiler: Gerald Wright (click to show/hide)
Lose 3 Armies.
Gain 1 Gold
Produce 3 Armies, 3 Wood, 1 Stone, 2 Gold.
Repair Fort Bowyer with 1 Wood and 1 Stone.
Craft 1 Bow.
Equip 1 Bows.
Assign 2 Archers to Fort Bowyer.
March 4 to J14.
March 2 to L15.
Scout L12-L11-L10.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 24, 2023, 01:43:18 am »

I made a ruling some time back that the ambush was only an ambush if you didn't see it coming. So the barbarians have the +1 damage on both sides, but they don't attack first if they don't get the drop on you. Sorry that wasn't clearer earlier! Boar etc will still rush you.

If someone ever drops out or is eliminated and there's enough space on the map, I'll let you join. Probably 6 players is the maximum number I should run with.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 02:31:02 am by notquitethere »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 24, 2023, 09:57:01 am »

Sheet updated, but no actions yet.
Action!

Spend 2 Wood to build a Siege Engine

1x Infantry garrisons Shandston's Folly
1x Infantry scouts F12->G12->G11
1x Infantry marches on Forest F13
3x Infantry and 1 Siege Engine marches on Fort Holly/Ivy I11
1x Infantry marches on Village H11
1x Infantry scouts H11->G10->F10
1x Infantry scouts J11->J10->J9
2x Infantry March on Villahe F15

« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 10:29:04 am by Kashyyk »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 24, 2023, 10:05:53 am »

Fort names are a bit weird with there being two of them called "Fort Ivy" right now, the one at P11 and the one at I11. Dug back though the thread to figure out how that happened, sorta a mildly amusing series of events during turn 4 seems to have caused it. From what I can tell originally P11 was called fort Ivy and I11 was called fort Holly, turn 4 when I took fort Ivy you said that fort Ivy at P11 recruited a bannerman when it was suppose to be fort Holly at I11, Kashyyk corrected you about it being at I11 but not about the name (presumably not noticing the names since they are somewhat hard to keep track of) and since then Fort Holly has been renamed to fort Ivy in both the GM and player turns.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 24, 2023, 10:10:21 am »

Fort names are a bit weird with there being two of them called "Fort Ivy" right now, the one at P11 and the one at I11. Dug back though the thread to figure out how that happened, sorta a mildly amusing series of events during turn 4 seems to have caused it. From what I can tell originally P11 was called fort Ivy and I11 was called fort Holly, turn 4 when I took fort Ivy you said that fort Ivy at P11 recruited a bannerman when it was suppose to be fort Holly at I11, Kashyyk corrected you about it being at I11 but not about the name (presumably not noticing the names since they are somewhat hard to keep track of) and since then Fort Holly has been renamed to fort Ivy in both the GM and player turns.
Haha oh dear, well I guess it's not just me who's confused here. At least we have the co-ordinates. It would have been a better idea to name fort names after the letter co-ordinate they appear on. (Holly on H, Ivy on I etc.)

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 24, 2023, 10:18:29 am »

If someone ever drops out or is eliminated and there's enough space on the map, I'll let you join. Probably 6 players is the maximum number I should run with.
((Preciate it))
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 52