- 0 (0%)
Bloodsinger
- 0 (0%)
Boar
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 27, 2023, 04:40:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 52

Author Topic: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - COMPLETED  (Read 22246 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - TURN 10 - RECKONING
« Reply #405 on: June 02, 2023, 02:06:07 pm »

Yes. Once I get that cat bag to put all her pets into for me or A1s to eventually sacrifice, I'm for sure going to squish her like the witch she is.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 02, 2023, 02:22:02 pm »

Can you be cursed multiple times by the same witch? Does it stack?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - TURN 7 - MONSTERS
« Reply #407 on: June 02, 2023, 02:33:20 pm »

I should note before it becomes relevant: each hag can only curse each Lord once but a Hedge Lord can have curses from multiple hags at once.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 02, 2023, 02:48:43 pm »

Ok, thanks, thought I'd read that somewhere but good to be sure. Well Kashyyk, you might want to give the cat to me and let me take it to battle. I'm cursed already. You can have it back after the battle but I'm not sure you'd want it.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 02, 2023, 03:21:05 pm »

Right, let's see if we can't crack this Spire for real this time.

I would like the Cat back, if it survives, but yes I'll send it your way for now.

2 Infantry and 1 Bog Cat are sent to join Lord Bockhoven
2 Infantry are recalled from Fort Heather
1 Infantry is recalled from Fort Hollivy
1 Wolf garrisons Shandston's Folly
12 wood is spent to build six Siege engines
14 Infantry and 6 Siege engines march on the Sundered Spire (J10)

« Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 02:38:17 am by Kashyyk »

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 03, 2023, 02:25:12 am »

Spoiler: Gerald Wright (click to show/hide)
3 Wood, 3 Armies, 2 Gold, 1 Stone.
Looted 18 Gold.
Spend 14 Gold for 7 Stone.
Construct a Barracks in Castle Wright.
Spend 6 Gold for 3 Armies.
Assuming a1 has no issue with me marching through their lands:
12 Armies march to N11, to assist Aywen Ayes in their battle.
1 Army defends Castle Wright.
Fort Tailor patrols J13.
Fort Bowyer patrols K12 and L13.
Fort Mason patrols L14.
I won't ask for any materials, but I would enjoy assistance with the Squelsh situation sometime in the following turns.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 03, 2023, 02:55:49 am »

I'm assuming the squelsh are not monsters and will not march just because there's more than 10 of them?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 03, 2023, 02:59:50 am »

I'm assuming the squelsh are not monsters and will not march just because there's more than 10 of them?
Yes, I had a note on this a few updates back. Squelsh and Thornish don't monster-march, unless they're aligned units of a monster (as in the Marrowfat throne case). Other artefacts and sites may cause them to move but on their own the stack isn't going anywhere.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 03, 2023, 05:43:00 am »

Assuming a1 has no issue with me marching through their lands:
No issue, no.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - TURN 10 - PEACE
« Reply #414 on: June 03, 2023, 07:25:58 am »

TURN 10 REPORT
Spoiler: Marquess Ambrosio Vulk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gerald Wright (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemy Phase (click to show/hide)

Turn 11
Research
Countess Andice Gloronisits learns that in R10 is the Scout Hut - Initially abandoned and inhabited by a family of 6 boar. Up to three armies can be assigned to the Hut as if it were a fort and they don't count towards your army cap. These armies can scout so long at they begin scouting from a tile adjacent to the hut. Spend 3 wood to dismantle and reassemble the hut on an empty tile you own.

Prince Mackial FitzHarbort gains a new feature: Alkabrian Outpost. (Special! If this would appear, it appears in the revealing player's primary castle instead, possibly rerolling a tile if discovered while scouting or marching). Players can send a scout to the Outpost in friendly castles to send a special envoy to King Alkabar. The scout doesn't return. Choose one of the following actions for the envoy:
 - Spend 10 gold and declare one unconquered tile uncontestable: King Alkabar will give dispensation and allow it to remain independent. This is only checked when triggering the end of game. If someone conquers an uncontestable tile anyway, they will owe +20 debt for inconveniencing the King.
 - Ask for a loan: gain 20 gold and 20 debt.
 - Send a gift (-1 artefact of your choice, +20 score at the end of the game, cursed items cannot be sent. -2 less score for each successive artefact anyone sends.)
 - Wipe out any amount of debt by spending 2 gold for every 1 debt.
The effects are immediate. Outposts can appear for any player without one.

Spoiler: Known Artefact List (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Known Unique Sites (click to show/hide)

- The outpost is a possible outcome on the table of sites, and functions more as an event making the castle a unique site, than discovering one in the wild.
- There's not normally hidden stuff (other than the contents of the artefact and site tables) but I thought having the cat sack already be full would be funnier.
- The fight against the monster horde was a good idea, but 30 armies including cats and the femur was probably overkill.
- I've not reread the lot, so there might be some map mistakes. Let me know as usual!
- Paying a bunch of wood and massing a huge army to beat the Spire has paid off, as getting more castles is the biggest way to expand the army cap. There will be enough castles for everyone to get at least one more (assuming they can get to them).
- Free bit of info: there are a few more difficult sites which can only appear in WW.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 05:02:13 pm by notquitethere »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - TURN 11 - PEACE
« Reply #415 on: June 03, 2023, 07:52:46 am »

orders:
Buy 9 stone
build another tower.
March 3 on L8
March 5 on M7
March 6 + bog cat on N12

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 03, 2023, 08:03:22 am »

Curse you catburt. I wasn't expecting a bunch of cats for sure, rip skeleton archer :P. I think that was the first time I've lost a skeleton, I've been attempting to be pretty good at keeping them alive so a bit sad, but I guess I couldn't keep them alive forever (the lair was a heck of a risk, I expected some to die there this turn, but I guess I got lucky there)

In the fight vs Cuthbert I think the last femur was activated for some reason, doesn't matter since the cats killed everything.

Also are the crumbled enemy skeletons suppose to strike back on the turn they are crumbled? Makes sense either way but they seem to be doing so in my fight vs the lair, so I thought I'd check. Doesn't matter since they didn't kill anything though. Also the lair doesn't mention that I get the 11 gold from it, I assume I do, but most of the time it says so explicitly in the turn so I figured I'd check.

Also yeah, it was mega overkill but I was already asleep by the time VermilionSkies came in with the giant army :P

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 03, 2023, 08:17:14 am »

Oh, also, in situations like that with a 3 way battle, how is it determined who each army strikes? And if they overkill, are the rest of the rolls on their attack wasted or do they spread to the other enemies?

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 03, 2023, 08:21:42 am »

I see that a total of 5 armies died in the fight for the spire. How many of those were mine?

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 03, 2023, 08:26:30 am »

Curse you catburt.
Catburt now produces -1 gold, -1 wood and -1 stone
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 52