- 0 (0%)
Bloodsinger
- 0 (0%)
Boar
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 27, 2023, 04:40:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 52

Author Topic: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - COMPLETED  (Read 22127 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - TURN 7 - MONSTERS
« Reply #225 on: May 24, 2023, 04:07:48 pm »

TURN 6 REPORT
Spoiler: Marquess Ambrosio Vulk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gerald Wright (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemy Phase (click to show/hide)

TURN 7

Research

Countess Andice Gloronisits learns that in M8 is The Hirsute Sage's Hut (while independent, scouts that pass through the hut will ignore the first set of enemies they come across while scouting after visiting the hut. The sage leaves if his home becomes occupied.)

Prince Mackial FitzHarbort learns that in H4 is the Black Lance (Cursed item: cannot be destroyed, sacrificed, gifted or traded. Whoever defeats an army wielding the Black Lance will gain the Black Lance.) (You never attack first in combats, but on your first attack all your attackers will attack three times. The turn after slaying someone with the lance, Dragons will preferentially fly one square in your direction when flying to a new home. When this first discovered, place the Dawn Dragon on M6 (the Dawn Dragon counts for 15 armies)).

Spoiler: Known Artefact List (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Known Unique Sites (click to show/hide)

Notes
- We've seen some more dragons, our first monster march, and now a few special late-game sites where monsters remain stationary in unreasonably large numbers.
- Note the existence of a cursed item! These can be powerful but come with a big drawback and cannot be easily got rid of.
- This is different to bog hag curses. Which, I should note before it becomes relevant: each hag can only curse each Lord once but a Hedge Lord can have curses from multiple hags at once.
- Some sites and artefacts can introduce new unit types. In this case, a unique dragon, the Dawn Dragon who counts as 15 armies!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 04:24:11 am by notquitethere »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 24, 2023, 04:32:55 pm »

If we wanted to get rid of a cursed item could we not just send a single army wielding it to attack someone's castle? :p
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 24, 2023, 04:35:44 pm »

I would be willing to sell some armies to the highest bidder. I'm looking for gold or stone.
Also, hags suck. They are a danger to lords, but offer no benefit and live in useless swamps. Other than by blindly invading why would anyone ever fight one?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 04:38:23 pm by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 24, 2023, 04:41:00 pm »

If we wanted to get rid of a cursed item could we not just send a single army wielding it to attack someone's castle? :p
Certainly! And that's probably a good approach for some of the items. If you do it to another player, I suspect they might not be very pleased.

I would be willing to sell some armies to the highest bidder. I'm looking for gold or stone.
Also, hags suck. They are a danger to lords, but offer no benefit and live in useless swamps. Other than by blindly invading why would anyone ever fight one?
Victory points at the end and access to adjoining lands... but that's about it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 24, 2023, 04:41:13 pm »

Well, any land is worth 10 victory points in the end, even otherwise useless march. If you care about such things. :p

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 24, 2023, 04:52:52 pm »

I like hags. Scouting costs time, so it is good that there is a risk involved in blindly attacking squares.

Thanks for adding the artifact list.
Will think about actions later, just update for now.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 24, 2023, 04:59:32 pm »

The wild animals here are pretty frickin' wild.

A question regarding beseiging boars. Have they had their one turn of double-hit first strike, or do they get to do that every turn of a Siege?

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 24, 2023, 05:09:31 pm »

How many armies do you have available?

I'm looking for assistance in the fight against the lair with the dragon. Maybe we can work something out? I'd be willing to pay a fee of 1 gold to any lord in between for letting the armies pass, if that is acceptable.

edit: I would feel good about this fight with a three-army assist. Would offer 2 stone.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 05:16:05 pm by Quarque »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - Turn FOO
« Reply #233 on: May 24, 2023, 05:14:39 pm »

1 Army killed.
1 Wood cut. 1 Army recruited. 1 Gold taxed.

Scout R8 Q8.
Scout R7 Q6 P6.
Scout (with a ship) T3 T2 T1.
Scout (with a bote) R13 S12 R11.

March with 3 on R15!

« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 05:19:54 pm by Egan_BW »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 24, 2023, 05:15:50 pm »

The wild animals here are pretty frickin' wild.

A question regarding beseiging boars. Have they had their one turn of double-hit first strike, or do they get to do that every turn of a Siege?
Well... it depends. If left to their devices, they'll attack the fort again and won't get a double strike. But if someone attacks them, then it'll be a different combat and they'll be back to their old tricks straight away.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - TURN 6 - MARROWFAT
« Reply #235 on: May 24, 2023, 05:16:30 pm »

orders:
March 3 on N9
March 9 on O9
Scout N9-O8-P7

Questions: Are fully wooden forts 4/4 defense?

Let's say up to 5 armies are for sale.
And 12 wood.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 02:51:11 pm by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 24, 2023, 05:21:11 pm »

Goodness, you're quite rich. The only thing I have going for me is my ability to sprint out to uncharted territory by water. :p

Also, I corrected a mistake, the fort I captured was at 4/7, not 3/4. I assumed they came unupgraded, actually, and then the battle report just said "damaged (3)".
Bit of a shame, if I'd dealt less defense damage then I'd be able to get stone from dismantling it. ;p
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 05:23:23 pm by Egan_BW »

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 24, 2023, 05:24:13 pm »

Let's say up to 5 armies are for sale.
And 12 wood.
Ok. With a 5 army assist this fight is much safer. I would offer 2 stone and 2 gold.
Not for buying them, because my army cap would delete them. Instead I'd pay you to march those armies to A7 this turn and aid me in my fight there. Any surviving armies would return, of course.

@Vermilionskies, Kashyyk: do you agree to this if I pay you both one gold as well?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 24, 2023, 05:26:30 pm »

Questions: Are fully wooden forts 4/4 defense?
Yes, this is what the OP says:

Forts give +4 defence at base. You can repace wood for stone in the construction of your fort, giving +1 defence for each stone spent this way.

It's confusing because they cost 5 wood, not 4. A fully stone fort is 9/9 I suppose.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 24, 2023, 05:36:54 pm »

Ok. With a 5 army assist this fight is much safer. I would offer 2 stone and 2 gold.
Not for buying them, because my army cap would delete them. Instead I'd pay you to march those armies to A7 this turn and aid me in my fight there. Any surviving armies would return, of course.
That's a bit lower than I expected. How about instead of the gold, a futures contract on 3 stone deliverable 3 turns from now? (basically your quarry production, but insured against you losing the site)
Note: I know this isn't risky ventures, I'm trusting you to keep faith with the contract. Because I belive in your high moral character and because I would be violently angry, if you don't keep it.

BTW, since I'm getting these back, 5 armies are still for sale, if anyone else needs them.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 05:40:35 pm by a1s »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 52