- 0 (0%)
Bloodsinger
- 0 (0%)
Boar
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 27, 2023, 04:40:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 52

Author Topic: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - COMPLETED  (Read 23729 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - TURN 13 - WAR
« Reply #495 on: June 08, 2023, 10:52:05 am »

TURN 12

Spoiler: Marquess Ambrosio Vulk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemy Phase (click to show/hide)

Turn 13
Research

Prince Mackial FitzHarbort learns in E7 and K1 are the Walking Stone Circles - A pair of sites. They are considered adjacent: units can walk from one to the other across the map. Each is initially defended by three giants. They will let anyone pass through both tiles unharmed in a turn as if they were owned by the traveller, for 1 gold per unit passing. Gold accumulates on the first stone circle passed through. Enemies always find the gold for it.

Marquess Ambrosio Vulk learns in J4 is Wellspring Staff (the Wellspring Staff may be cast into marshland by a unit to turn it into a lake (spilling out into all adjacent tiles - units can drown this way without proper precautions). If the staff is recovered (by boat etc) in subsequent turns, the lake remains.)

Spoiler: Known Artefact List (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Known Unique Sites (click to show/hide)

Notes

- Anathema has been mentioned. That'll be relevant later, don't worry about it now.
- Horizon has PM'd to accept a place. The Countess has left but rather than forcing the inheritor player to take on a besieged castle, I've let Horizon build anywhere in a partially explored sector, with the Countess's resources/equipment/artefacts (but not land) as a nice catchup boost.
- I've not looked over the report with a fine comb, so there may be some errors on the map etc. As usual, let me know!
- The stone circles are a way to travel across the map more easily... but be warned that any enemies can also use this route and will calculate the shortcut when marching on the closest fort etc.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2023, 11:05:35 am by notquitethere »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 08, 2023, 11:00:43 am »

My attack on the thornish fort is on the map itself (looks like a killed a thorn and the siege is ongoing) but isn't included in my turn report.

Do I loose the siege equipment I sent, or get to keep them as there wasn't apparently a battle?

I'm going to choose to be worried about Anathema anyway.

Edit: Also small error on map, I killed cuthburt and own P8 now (apparently)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2023, 11:04:13 am by Criptfeind »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 08, 2023, 11:06:11 am »

My attack on the thornish fort is on the map itself (looks like a killed a thorn and the siege is ongoing) but isn't included in my turn report.

Do I loose the siege equipment I sent, or get to keep them as there wasn't apparently a battle?

I'm going to choose to be worried about Anathema anyway.

Edit: Also small error on map, I killed cuthburt and own P8 now (apparently)
1. Fixed. 2. You keep it. 3. A fair choice. 4. Fixed.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 08, 2023, 11:10:32 am »

I think you forgot to edit the tile of P8.

edit - ninja

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 08, 2023, 11:15:27 am »

I propose a mega alliance vs Prince Owain btw. If everyone sent, say, 10 dudes at him, we'd have 50 to his 29, which... I think we'd win, even with them striking first?

Abet, this would mean that we all eat the reprisal chance, which sucks. But not much way around that I think?

Edit: Also might as well mention. This was a prettttty awkward turn for me when I learned Egan was being replaced. Thanks to notquitethere for figuring out a compromise of sorts. Sorry for any last minute confusion there.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2023, 11:25:38 am by Criptfeind »

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - TURN 12 - REBELLION
« Reply #500 on: June 08, 2023, 11:59:21 am »

The Host can retreat in battle if they have any territory left.
This here is a relevant detail. Even with 50 units we're highly unlikely to defeat Owain immediately. We'd likely cut his forces in half and force him to flee instead.

I have to admit your casual backstab of Egan makes me feel a little bit uncomfortable, Crypt. If you'd hypothetically stab a1s next, you'd be unstoppable. Three castles, a cat monopoly, about to fill a cat sack with godawfully many cats and and a ton of skeletons.. hmm. Granted, it would require another order by pm, which would warn us in advance.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 08, 2023, 12:10:33 pm »

I'll /in as a replacement if another one ends up being needed (though the game looks to be closing out). Even as a nonplayer, it's really satisfying to watch the map fill in.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 08, 2023, 12:25:23 pm »

Well, ah, that's an understandable discomfort. I guess if the issue is that you don't trust me, there's probably not much I can say about it, since anything I say would be distrusted. Saying that, I'm probably going to go ahead and say a whole lot here:

I really do not intend to fight A1s, they have been a lot more friendly to me then Egan was, although I didn't talk to Egan much, but I have talked to A1 a fair bit and think of them as an ally. Admittedly this is more on A1s being actively communicative in PMs with me, it's not like I'm any better at initiating conversations then Egan was, but thus far me and A1 have managed to deal with any of our territorial issues and come to agreements, coming away friendlier then before. Sorta stark contrast to Egan who was mostly just a source of attacks on me and A1 (including removing a fort to make sure that monsters continue to be someone elses problem) along with blocking my expansion (understandable, it's not like I'm entitled to expand, but still annoying)

Over all, I can and do attack and kill people in competitive games, even relatively friendly ones like this, that's for sure. But I feel like I don't tend to betray people who I make friendly relationships with, like A1s. Your millage my vary and my perspective might be flawed on this, c'est la vie. I'm not sure if I've played enough of these games lately to have any sort of built up reputation, maybe A1s can consider the dominions game we semi recently played together where I was friends with them, even after they attacked me.

Of course, I understand that talk can be cheap and not comforting. :P If it makes you feel any better I think from a mechanical perspective it's basically impossible to actually kill a player without the permission of the others, excepting the players on the edge (Egan and you, now me and Egan ), the only reason Egon instantly died out is because they left and the GM didn't want to push their replacement into a inherited war. If Egan didn't leave the war would have had to continue and the only reason why the other players couldn't have teamed up to make sure Egan won decisively is because I controlled army movement permission down to help Egan. In a theoretical situation where I attack A1s, that's not a problem, even if I was to snipe the Oak and Ash turn one of the war, it'd do little to stop you all from being able to just kill me because in this situation A1s would of course grant permission to everyone to go though their lands to attack me. In this situation only A1 can kill me or Kashyyk can kill you without interference.

I would have been sending orders via PM this whole game if I knew that was an option, and I would have continued to do so by default. If it'd a condition of trusting me though perhaps I could stop? Or maybe I could give A1s O14, at least until they get a second castle, thus making it physically impossible for me to snipe them?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 08, 2023, 12:34:37 pm »

I'll /in as a replacement if another one ends up being needed (though the game looks to be closing out). Even as a nonplayer, it's really satisfying to watch the map fill in.
Consider yourself waitlisted.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 08, 2023, 12:46:23 pm »

Where is Horizon going to appear btw? Or is that yet to be determined? I assume they'll get their own castle and such?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 08, 2023, 12:52:30 pm »

Horizon is still deciding, but anywhere on the borderlands: any empty unexplored tile in a sector which has been partially conquered or scouted. There'll be a new castle.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 08, 2023, 01:34:36 pm »

Where is Horizon going to appear btw? Or is that yet to be determined? I assume they'll get their own castle and such?
Wouldn't you like to know? Hahaha.
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 08, 2023, 01:37:48 pm »

Hah, well, I'm sorta hoping you start far away from everyone else so that there's plenty of room for everyone, but I don't wanta start working on my turn just in case you start real nearby and I need to take that into account.

Of course though, take your time. Don't feel like I'm rushing you or anything like that :P

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 08, 2023, 01:57:55 pm »

I didn't notice Egan removing a fort on purpose. Well anyway, I guess it's something between the two of you.

Could Royal Seals be captured in a cat sack?
How would a siege on the Selkie Court work, do attackers sail home automatically after a round of combat?

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 08, 2023, 02:05:44 pm »

« Last Edit: June 08, 2023, 02:49:28 pm by Horizon »
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 52