- 0 (0%)
Bloodsinger
- 0 (0%)
Boar
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 27, 2023, 04:40:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 52

Author Topic: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - COMPLETED  (Read 23757 times)

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
Re: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - TURN 14 - REVENGE
« Reply #585 on: June 14, 2023, 10:00:25 am »

Just been a bit busy haha, I'll get my orders through today.
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 14, 2023, 10:09:56 am »

Tentative Orders (TURN: 14)
- Send the Wolf Crystal back to Blockhoven.
- (3 armies) Build a Fort at B2 (-5 wood), henceforth named Fort Howling.
- (5 armies) take the ship with Whiptide Sail back to Castle Aubade.
- Pending some agreements to be made between the neighboring lord's and ladies.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2023, 10:15:49 am by Horizon »
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 14, 2023, 10:26:05 am »

You do not need to send your armies or your ship back as an explicit action.

Armies don't really exist on the map, outside of certain specific situations involving sieges (and even then, not really).

Armies can simply take actions anywhere that you have access, with access being defined by borders, with ships being able to give access across water.

At this point though, owning B2, you no longer need a boat to draw access to and from it, the boat is now simply a resource you can use elsewhere if you wish, and your armies can be expanding from B2 or A5 without the use of a boat.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2023, 10:30:11 am by Criptfeind »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 14, 2023, 11:08:47 am »

Dolton the Drunk is a late arrival to the contest. An incorrigible alcoholic, he was out on one of his drunken voyages when he ran the ship aground on the north coast of Thornland. Heading inland with his men, he found a castle staffed by the runaway servants of an ex-competitor. What fortune! Surely God intended for him to join—and win!

Spoiler: Character Creation (click to show/hide)

Income
+1 soldier (already capped)
+2 Gold (-> 6)

Orders:
- March G6 (7 soldiers)
- Scout E5 -> D5 -> D4
- Scout G5 -> H5 -> I5
- Scout F4 -> G4 -> H4
« Last Edit: June 14, 2023, 11:13:34 am by Elephant Parade »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - TURN 15 - SCREAM
« Reply #589 on: June 14, 2023, 07:14:46 pm »

TURN 14 REPORT

Spoiler: Count Sol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marquess Ambrosio Vulk (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Night Scream (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemy Phase (click to show/hide)

TURN 15
Research

Prince Mackial FitzHarbort learns in E2 is the Boarskin Coat (when you attack boars, they don't get first attack, they get two attacks on their first counterattack)

Marquess Ambrosio Vulk learns in M5 is White-Tusk's Hollow - Forest. Inhabited by White-Tusk (counts as 4 boar), 6 boar and 2 grand tusks (counts as 2 boar). White Tusk wields the Black Trotter if it hasn't been found elsewhere, otherwise he wields a random artefact.

Spoiler: Known Artefact List (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Known Unique Sites (click to show/hide)

Notes

- What a hell of a turn! Everything was relatively normal until the new player accidentally triggered one of the big end-game threats.
- This turn was complicated, check the enemy phase carefully to see if you lost troops outside of your main turn.
- Tanglebats are nasty, multiplying in number in combat. But they have at least three weaknesses that can be exploited.
- The Night Scream can happen again, so you might want to block it off if you can.
- Otherwise, any lair can be sealed off with ten stone. But first you have to capture it and hold it a turn.
- There are a lot of places that will spawn enemies, so make sure to whack-a-mole as many of them as you can. The difficulty just ramped up massively, but I'm sure you're all up to the challenge!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 06:27:27 pm by notquitethere »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 14, 2023, 08:00:30 pm »

Wow.

I understand why the thorns were unable to fully conquer the hedge.

Also, 4 curses applied this turn I think? Hot digity damn, witches stepping up, although most of the curses won't survive for long.

Doing a quick once though the turn. Don't see anything wrong with my stuff I think.

But should the tanglebat that attacked B2 have summoned 3 more tanglebats to help it siege, or is that a defensive only ability?

Also, when you loose max army size, what happens to the units you have above that size?

Edit: Does the moot moat count as a fort as far as me garrisoning units, and shouldn't it have relocated? (I think to B10) I see it relocated to t3, nvm.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2023, 08:07:21 pm by Criptfeind »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 14, 2023, 08:05:48 pm »

But should the tanglebat that attacked B2 have summoned 3 more tanglebats to help it siege, or is that a defensive only ability?
Tanglebats don't get more bats if there are any defensive walls in the way, as in sieges. That is one of their weaknesses.

Also, when you loose max army size, what happens to the units you have above that size?
I'll be nice and say Lords still have the excess units, they just can't generate replacements while at cap. (This is how it works when you lose your last castle, after all.)

Edit: Does the moot moat count as a fort as far as me garrisoning units, and shouldn't it have relocated? (I think to B10)
It did relocate, to T3, but the old moat is still there. It doesn't count as a fort, but any units patrolling there get the benefit of the moat, as would any fort built there.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2023, 08:07:28 pm by notquitethere »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 14, 2023, 08:12:43 pm »

Lets see... Three weaknesses huh? Sorta wanta play the guessing game of finding them out, if that's one of them, is the second that cats can destroy lairs to permanently keep them from spawning without us having to pay 10 stone?

Can't think of a third off the top of my head. Is it something we can figure out from the game text for sure? Or something hidden like their inability to multiple during sieges?

Edit: Whoops, found probably a mistake, I think I should have only gotten 16 vp for the orb, it's the third sacrificed artifact thus far.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2023, 08:18:13 pm by Criptfeind »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 14, 2023, 08:18:41 pm »

It's not hidden. The siege thing shouldn't have been hidden, I'd just missed that bit of info in their description (I've updated it now).

Edit: Whoops, found probably a mistake, I think I should have only gotten 16 vp for the orb, it's the third sacrificed artifact thus far.
My mistake! Yeah, the stand, the throne then the orb. You're right that should be 16vp.

And the cat thing is potentially a good idea, but it wasn't one of the things I was thinking of.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2023, 08:20:45 pm by notquitethere »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 14, 2023, 08:28:51 pm »

Skeletons don't spawn bats?

Edit: and in battle summoned units.

Ignore how dumb I am for taking this long to notice those two things.  :P
« Last Edit: June 14, 2023, 08:31:17 pm by Criptfeind »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 14, 2023, 08:34:43 pm »

That's it! Now with those puzzle pieces in place, I'm sure it'll be a doddle.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 14, 2023, 08:40:56 pm »

Indeed, I guess not even that hard if I send my skeletons around to help take out out the caves, assuming I can trade them like any other commodity.

The sleeper terrifying end game boss though I think is hoglands hallow. Boars are fucking scary, constantly spewing out boar attacks is terrifying.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 14, 2023, 08:53:33 pm »

Also, I now have a channel on the forum games discord if anyone wants to discuss things more rapidly. I'll still be using the forum for anything important.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 14, 2023, 11:31:55 pm »

The Selkie Court still has 31/31 hits in the unique site list.

Also, according to the battle report we only dealt 10 damage to the walls, but I think it should be 17? We went in with a total of 23 units +2 from the cape and every hit was a 5+, so after killing 8 seals there was 17 damage left to be absorbed by walls.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 15, 2023, 12:04:31 am »

Oh god why
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 52