Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A list of suggestions by the innatable Dust Bunneroo.  (Read 188 times)

hedgerow

• Bay Watcher
  • You're Thunderclappin'
    • View Profile
A list of suggestions by the innatable Dust Bunneroo.
« on: July 01, 2023, 03:43:24 pm »

Puppywoo here to puppy some woos: here are a list of good thoughts I've had about the game so far.

1. Advanced pathfinding.

This is a cheap shot, but mathematicians and majors get paid money to find prime numbers, and that means proper pathfinding due to isolated computational lines is possible, meaning dwarves can actually construct and manage walls, be floors, and fortifications without overthinking their own work.  Enclosed spaces, estranged collapses, and even the order of operations is a completely mitigatable defeat; I can just assign a complete floor of wall and everyone will pitch in the proper order with minimal processing, and I won't get suspended contracts.

2. Plaster.

Lot of mideval dwellings used plaster and it is just a gypsum and paste over brick I take it so I'll chip in and say it'd make a fun building material cause no graphics set will replace a three wall short.  I like the idea of good brick but not putting anything over it is like putting shit over wood, which I wouldn't.

3. Clearing grass.

I literally gully my map to find pathfinding, and I always shread pathing to indiscreet paths to make things move around because fuck you, I can't be bought.  The oldest civilization on Earth stood atop stone 60 and 80,000+ years ago, and it's prior to the age I write.  Fun marriage.

4. Segregating dwarves is an expansive chore.

There are a lot of features that exist to keep one dwarf in one place and the only thing I know is they all travel to the wrong spot.

5. Light.

I'll bitch about it.  Do you know that one day is fifteen seconds on an Intel processor?

I can't figure it, but messenger service reminded me of vampires and I don't ever see them coming guy.  I'm new, but I do like the idea of fire.

6. Hookup behavior between industries.

Last one, can I just find solid effing support for an industry without wondering?  Now I want that to be an accomplishment like Cats, and Cats don't cut it.

And that's it.  I love the game, and I wanted to pitch my efforts.  I always found the oddest one out being actual integrity.  Let everything fall over and make me a boss.

In the end, I'll remember the older version for letting me just use a keyboard without a HUD, because I do navigate the menus without them being present and that's a cinematic and narrative rich environment, which I appreciate.

That's the ideal, I like to have everything out of the way so I can watch a dwarf do something like it mattered.  Thinking of my console controller though, will keep you posted.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2023, 03:51:49 pm by hedgerow »