Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

Author Topic: ghost town  (Read 18324 times)

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
Re: ghost town
« Reply #210 on: December 18, 2023, 01:30:30 pm »

Nvm
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 04, 2024, 03:48:52 am »

Go upstairs, as quietly as possible

xof

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 29, 2024, 08:07:18 pm »

Ask the creature if it will lead us to civilization in exchange for honey, if it wants honey before it leads us anywhere let it have some but don't let it take the jar.
Follow the creature if it leads us somewhere.
The creature nods and takes off some path north. After a while your party stumbles upon a few number of stinky corpses. A bunch mauled and other charred black. All of them are wearing a green military uniform and bearing terrified expressions on their rigid faces.
The creature points at the honey jar and (with a proud expression on his goofy face) strikes a dignified pose.

Just a bit longer
You waste your turn and wait. Until a somewhat familiar figure walks up dangerously close to you. It's the man that interrupted your nap some time ago.

Go upstairs, as quietly as possible
You climb the steps as quiet as you can but there is someone waiting there. The Captain that broke in sometime ago is holding a small statue over his head menacingly. You could be in danger. A tiny fairy that was following you upstairs gasps.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 29, 2024, 08:16:31 pm »

"...not what I was hoping for, but maybe there's something on these corpses. I hope we're not in danger here..."

Loot the corpses and look around for paths or landmarks.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 08:34:43 pm by ZBridges »

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 29, 2024, 11:30:01 pm »

"What happened?"
Back away a little bit, out of swinging range

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 30, 2024, 04:45:47 am »

"This isn't really what I meant when I said civilization, but I guess it's something."
See if I can find something to pour the honey in so I can give it to the creature.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

xof

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 31, 2024, 07:41:06 pm »

Loot the corpses and look around for paths or landmarks.
While approaching the nearest corpse you kick a somewhat heavy object and stub your toe.
I'll be a couple of hours till the sun rises and it is hard to see in the dark but you try your best to ransack. You pick up the item that hurt your digits and it appears to be a pump-action firearm.
click!
Rolled(2)
It is not loaded.
new weapon aquired: R.E.M Riot Shotgun.

Back away a little bit, out of swinging range
You step back down the stair. The Captain remains still as if affected by a trance. The little fairy backs away with you but the hobgoblin is havin' none of it. He jumps at the man in green uniform with incredible speed and knocks the mini statue off his hands. Both creature and object twirl around in embrace on the way down. With acute gymnastics the creature manages to land the mini statue without it taking much damage. Your party's got the upper hand now.

See if I can find something to pour the honey in so I can give it to the creature.
True to your word you try to find a container to pour the honey in. But it's hard to see at this time o' the hour. While you pat around a charred corpse near you the monster's patience runs out. Two powerful arms squeeze around your helpless body. After a couple of stomps you hear a very noisy buzzing sound as the creature takes off the ground. You are being abducted.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 31, 2024, 08:20:37 pm »

"Wait! We're going to give you the honey, if you'll just be patient for a little longer!"

Grab Navy Blue's leg and try to snatch him out of the creature's grasp.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 02, 2024, 01:13:27 am »

"Oh shit, I was gonna give you the honey I just wanted to keep the jar!"
Try to get out of the creatures grips before we get to high up.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 02, 2024, 10:25:58 pm »

Observe the mini statue, as the captain ain't doing stuff as it seems like

xof

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 04, 2024, 12:26:28 am »

"Wait! We're going to give you the honey, if you'll just be patient for a little longer!"
Grab Navy Blue's leg and try to snatch him out of the creature's grasp.
You sprint and leap towards your companion but your fingers slip from his heels. Tumbling backwards you helplessly watch the rapid ascent of Navy Blue. You hear the rustling of grass to the right of you.

"Oh shit, I was gonna give you the honey I just wanted to keep the jar!"
Try to get out of the creatures grips before we get to high up.
You try to explain the situation to the rapidly elevating creature. He replies with an enthusiastic jingling cry and begins to descend at an angle. Vertigo and fear gathers as the both of you plummet in the direction of the Well. A thundering rumble roars at the moment of impact. The small building has collapsed and a thick dust cloud surrounds you.

Observe the mini statue, as the captain ain't doing stuff as it seems like
You hunker down to better observe the mini statue. It depicts a bearded man, the top of his head is shaved and he is wearing a habit. The painting work on the piece is average as if painted by a little kid. A scripture on the base reads 'St. Francis'.
The battered 'hobgoblin' notices your interest on the statue and performs an interesting pantomime placing both of his hands on the top of his head and walking like a girl then finishing up by crossing himself and pointing at the mini statue while uttering a sad jingling cry.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 04, 2024, 01:24:00 am »

"Oh god!"
Check myself for injuries then look and see what happened to the creature.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 04, 2024, 01:42:31 am »

Make a note of this location and how I got here, grab the shotgun, and then run towards the sound of the impact.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 05:14:39 am by ZBridges »

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 09, 2024, 12:36:15 am »

"I can only guess that this guy is dead? Are you able to read or write?"

xof

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 11, 2024, 09:04:40 pm »

"Oh god!"
Check myself for injuries then look and see what happened to the creature.
There is no such injury, the creature's back absorbed all the impact. Little by little the sound of falling debris stops. Your captor unhands you and flies away as the sun rises.

Make a note of this location and how I got here, grab the shotgun, and then run towards the sound of the impact.
Rolled(5)
You grab the shotgun and dash at full speed towards the general direction of the noise. Keeping up a nice pace you make it a quarter of the way back before getting tired. The sun has risen. Your throat is dry.

"I can only guess that this guy is dead? Are you able to read or write?"
Error: player action not found. You can freely talk out of turn.
'hobgoblin' shakes his head at the first question and then runs off somewhere. Several minutes later he returns holding a tiny ink bottle and dips one of his sharp claws in. After that he doodles the letter 'a' on a wall close by. The sunlight slowly fills the room as both 'hobgoblin' and the little fairy vanishes before your eyes.

Welcome the noon. The sun is high in the sky.
Navy Blue is hungry and tired(1)
Jack is hungry, tired(1) and his throat is dry.
Mustard is hungry and tired(1)
Captain is hungry and tired(1)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16