Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [STEAM VERSION] Can you make creatures spawn in the obsidian spires?  (Read 1390 times)

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it possible to make creatures spawn inside those obsidian walls studded with gems?

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [STEAM VERSION] Can you make creatures spawn in the obsidian spires?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2023, 02:24:39 pm »

You mean like some sort of customized beast?

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2023, 06:03:48 pm »

Yeah, making a modded creature spawn in them much like how the clowns do in vanilla.

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2023, 02:59:18 pm »

Creatures that spawn there are Forgotten Beasts, demons and angels. Those are procedurally generated. what you may be can do, is search for the specific tags of those creatures. Maybe theres a new one, which is not figured out yet, what you might be able to use in a mod.

If you create a save game in which such a underground structure contains a creature, than save the game,  and maybe you can find its raws in the world.sav file. It could show how it would work.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2023, 09:28:36 pm »

It can spawn:

1. a creature with [DEMON] and [DIFFICULTY:5]
2. A creature with [SOURCE_HFID:X], where X is some hist fig which is a deity, and [DIFFICULTY:5]

The latter is not actually really feasible, so you'll have to go with the former. No FBs are spawned there, mind.

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2023, 12:45:54 am »

It can spawn:

2. A creature with [SOURCE_HFID:X], where X is some hist fig which is a deity, and [DIFFICULTY:5]

The latter is not actually really feasible, so you'll have to go with the former. No FBs are spawned there, mind.

Thank you.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2023, 04:11:43 pm »

It can spawn:

Actually, there is a way into the latter. The difficulty 5 regular demon is a pretty good tidbit of info though for low-fantasy worlds who want to have a bit of danger.

You just have to define your own [UNIQUE_DEMON] by making it close to the string-dump example of a procedural one as possible, then when its ready to manifest and providing the pool of types is exact (unless you dont mind gen-demons), it'll override generated examples and appear. The HFID can be influenced by dark tower pantheon religions, which is the main way you can see if your implementation was successful superficially by forcing the outcome.

Something like in it own file with the rest of its information:

[UNIQUE_DEMON]
[DIFFICULTY:5] // just enough to slip into the spire
[DEMON]
[BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_CHASM]  //The underworld is flat
[POWER]
[SPHERE:] // choose one from the list detailed as a egible evil sphere, things like fire apply but "good" spheres don't work with dark towers.
[DEPTH:5]

With these tokens listed i would say as a nessecary minimum to generate when everything else with world-generation is set up, which can be done from a worldgen pre-load file.

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2023, 06:27:45 pm »

It says that SOURCE_HFID is not a valid tag

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2023, 08:40:30 pm »

The [DEMON] tag seems to make the creature extremely hostile and path straight to your dwarves (basically giving it clown AI). That’s unfortunately not really what I’m going for. I haven’t figured out how to make them spawn like angels though.

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2023, 01:00:52 am »

You can give him an interaction in which he targets himself, with a transformation to change into the desired creature.

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2023, 11:11:28 pm »

You can give him an interaction in which he targets himself, with a transformation to change into the desired creature.

I just tried that. Unfortunately, the transformed creature still seems to conserve the personality of the old one, meaning that it keeps the clown AI.

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2023, 10:48:34 am »

I’ve got an idea. I could make a very fragile creature with the [DEMON] tag that would, upon encountering an enemy, fire off an interaction that simultaneously summons my other modded creature and causes it to kill itself.

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2023, 11:06:44 pm »

I’ve got an idea. I could make a very fragile creature with the [DEMON] tag that would, upon encountering an enemy, fire off an interaction that simultaneously summons my other modded creature and causes it to kill itself.
Just tried. I can’t cause the summoner to end itself, but the modded creature usually kills it upon spawning anyway, and also there is now a problem that instead of being recognized as a « wild animal » my modded creature is considered friendly, and cannot be tamed by my dwarves. I can work around this by giving the interaction the [IE_MAKE_PET_IF_POSSIBLE] which makes it a pet of my fortress, despite its owner being the summoner, but now the problem is that the summoner is considered its owner and I cannot train it or assign it one of my dwarves. The auto taming also makes it seem a little too easy as well.

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2023, 08:17:28 am »

So it spawnes like a tamed pet?

Can you share some raws of the thing? Maybe something else causes this effect.

Maybe something like another summon?
Demon -> very wild creature -> your creature.

Or first as a non- pet and then a syndrome to givi it itself a pet token?

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2023, 10:26:57 am »

Here is the creature that is supposed to be summoned. The raws are pretty hefty.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here is the summoner

Here is the interaction that summons the modded creature:
Pages: [1] 2