Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [STEAM VERSION] Can you make creatures spawn in the obsidian spires?  (Read 1389 times)

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [STEAM VERSION] Can you make creatures spawn in the obsidian spires?
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2023, 02:21:02 pm »

wow. nice! Is this some sort of artifact from a lost civilisation?

So, i quess since it is [pet], it spawns as tamed.

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2023, 02:27:49 pm »

With syndromes, you can add the tags [crazed]  or [opposed_to_live]. I suppose this wil at least make them hostile or unfriendly. Now, if the syndrome wears of, they might revert to their original 'tamed' state, or maybe the reset as an stray, capturable, tameable unit.

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2023, 04:25:45 pm »

wow. nice! Is this some sort of artifact from a lost civilisation?

So, i quess since it is [pet], it spawns as tamed.

Yes, they’re supposed to be long lost demon fighting machines built by an ancient civilization. They spawned as tamed because I added the [IE_MAKE_PET_IF_POSSIBLE] token in the summon interaction. It should technically belong to the summoner, not my civ, but I guess that is a bug. When I removed the token, it instead spawns as “friendly”, but again it, should be friendly to the one that summoned it, not my civ. I think the reason for this is the summon interaction being used solely by the player in adventure mode, and I guess it’s just hardcoded to be loyal to the player’s faction.

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2023, 04:37:42 pm »

What I could do is make the summoner creature a really hard boss fight and it would summon the dreadnought in its already tamed state upon death as a reward. But I don’t even know if that’s possible. Do you think there is a way to do this?

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2023, 04:39:57 pm »

With syndromes, you can add the tags [crazed]  or [opposed_to_live]. I suppose this wil at least make them hostile or unfriendly. Now, if the syndrome wears of, they might revert to their original 'tamed' state, or maybe the reset as an stray, capturable, tameable unit.

I think that this would unfortunately cause it to be considered as a permanent enemy to your fort. I could still try though.

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2023, 01:17:02 am »

Theres another system that creates creatures: gobble_vermin_creature. It might me a strech but it could work.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2023, 08:59:38 am »

so for the source HFID to work you might need a static world param seed where you generate the same historical deity that spawns vaults and make the vault angels and slot in creatures into that hist figure id.
oh and also figure out how to get hist fig id that contains the Source HFID which I guess dfhack or looking at the world dat/sav files and checking if the multiple saves you made with the same world param generated the same deity with the same historical figure id.
and then from there hope that the game accepts any creature with the tokens putnam said.

though this also might lead to the vault being filled with the custom creatures you added so be prepared for that when/if you bump into one of those in your travels.

though the generating a difficulty : 5 creature that is mundane is doable as I remember messing with this with dfhack and spawn a dwarf that just neutral and just roam about the surface... then I assigned the deity to the spawner and made a dwarf pop out with divine gear on and was a bit hostile as I think it also slotted them into a military position with the vault civ.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2023, 09:06:37 am »

I think I’ll just settle for making it a rare roaming creature that spawns in the third cave layer until myth gene gives us more flexibility.

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2023, 11:22:49 pm »

Do spawned demons need to be LARGE_ROAMING or can they be creatures that only exist tied to the obsidian spires?
I make huge and comprehensive overhaul mods, consider supporting me on Patreon so I can do this full-time:
https://www.patreon.com/themodsmith
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2023, 11:53:48 pm »

They don’t need large roaming

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2023, 03:46:25 pm »

I think I’ll just settle for making it a rare roaming creature that spawns in the third cave layer until myth gene gives us more flexibility.
good choice.
I recenty looked a bit at Lua scripts and DFHack. they seem very powerfull. Problably could give a solution in your case.

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2023, 02:48:59 pm »

I've been experimenting with creatures have you tried making the creature have a [INTELLIGENT] MALE caste with a [PET] caste female to breed with define your creature into a caste and when it's born it gets a soul and a name then you can controll it.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2023, 04:29:31 am »

I've been experimenting with creatures have you tried making the creature have a [INTELLIGENT] MALE caste with a [PET] caste female to breed with define your creature into a caste and when it's born it gets a soul and a name then you can controll it.

Yes, you can do it that way. I use a similar method for sustainable no-gender races (they must be the same creature defined though). I make both of my pets a breeding pair for the weighted results for the no-gender race, but it also works in a all male society, when the female is a [SLOW_LEARNER] or unintelligent creature they don't need to marry between intelligent castes 1:1, and it aids sustainable population growth.

About souls, its much easier if is just a intelligent creature being born in first place. All the non-intelligent but [SLOW_LEARNER] starting animals you embark with count as having historical relevance, and this passes to their unintelligent children. Any more you encounter, like having them migrate or buy off a caravan would need a DFhack script, or workarounds to have them do something to earn that status.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2023, 04:43:05 am »

so for the source HFID to work you might need a static world param seed where you generate the same historical deity that spawns vaults and make the vault angels and slot in creatures into that hist figure id.
oh and also figure out how to get hist fig id that contains the Source HFID which I guess dfhack or looking at the world dat/sav files and checking if the multiple saves you made with the same world param generated the same deity with the same historical figure id.
and then from there hope that the game accepts any creature with the tokens putnam said.

though this also might lead to the vault being filled with the custom creatures you added so be prepared for that when/if you bump into one of those in your travels.

though the generating a difficulty : 5 creature that is mundane is doable as I remember messing with this with dfhack and spawn a dwarf that just neutral and just roam about the surface... then I assigned the deity to the spawner and made a dwarf pop out with divine gear on and was a bit hostile as I think it also slotted them into a military position with the vault civ.

I do remember that BeardedShrimp made a custom-god script at one time (link 1) and (link 2)

I did try custom experiments too, they have the same HFID requirements, but a much more complicated naming scheme (between all the castes of types trying to mine it out of string dump), i didn't really get anywhere though but its worth wondering if you can inject a particular HFID on load, if you can make a god outright.

Pages: 1 [2]