Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What to fill a pyramid with  (Read 1603 times)

Salsa Gal

• Bay Watcher
  • Diggy diggy hole
    • View Profile
What to fill a pyramid with
« on: August 05, 2023, 01:42:16 am »

Heya, I built a limestone block pyramid without any idea of what to actually put in it, any cool ideas? So far I've been suggested a tomb filled with treasure, some kinda battle arena, and a temple (also filled with treasure), but I'm wondering if anyone has any other ideas out there :)

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
Re: What to fill a pyramid with
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2023, 03:23:10 am »

If it's big enough, bridges + pressure plates that change the path to the main/treasure room. Something like the pyramid from Alien vs Predator.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2023, 07:13:58 am »

Fill it entirely with magma so that when the door is opened all of it comes flooding out.

Goldbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2023, 10:09:16 am »

Coffins for burial. All your artifacts. Guarded by traps. Water and lava flows, pump stacked up as high as you can go and draining back down. An occasional tree growing up from the ground floor (going to require micro-management plus luck). Chained up prisoners. Caged hostile monsters, all linked to an unlabeled lever in the center that releases them.

hedgerow

• Bay Watcher
  • You're Thunderclappin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2023, 02:15:00 pm »

Heya, I built a limestone block pyramid without any idea of what to actually put in it, any cool ideas? So far I've been suggested a tomb filled with treasure, some kinda battle arena, and a temple (also filled with treasure), but I'm wondering if anyone has any other ideas out there :)

Radioactive Maul.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2023, 06:05:56 pm »

I actually had one of these[1] which I laid out as a 3D unicursal labyrinth looping over and under and roundand round from the entrance to the heart, everything either wall (minimal, possible sandstone/whatever workaday rock block I had easily at hand), corridor (trapped, eventually) or the outer ramps (probably limestone, except for the electrum tip, if I remember my borrowed design philosophy correctly).

The designing was more fun than the actual building, and it was probably never used properly (a kobald-confuser, possibly) before ordinary concerns of the 'support fortress' got hit by my mismanagement. Or inability to handle the inevtable siege. But many a lost civilisation leaves behind structures of strange and confounding purpose, and possibly somewhere buried in some long lost zipfile I have a v0.31ish savefile still with it awaiting someone more knowledgable about the gameplay to go back in and recover/reclaim whatever failure mode I left it in and do a proper job of making it useful. (It's a philosophical question whether a world that is never run again is perhaps 'awaiting', but perhaps by telling my tale to someone else, the memetic seed might pass onwards yet...)

[1] Actually, I had others, like the pyramids/obelisks I dug out of bedrock, the only things I actually built were the bridges leading between the 'upper' levels and the wall I built around the edge to stop anything nasty looking down into my wondrous excavation frm the edge of the map. But the insides (and underneathh) were rather boring additional access tunnels on an underlying grid at the bottom-most diggable layer (pre-Magma Sea cavern layering).

Mr.Elendig

• Bay Watcher
  • [TWISTED][INSANE][CANT_SPELL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2023, 03:07:49 am »

the corpses of your enemies

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2023, 03:35:40 am »

Fill it with all your captured enemies and annoying visitors.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2023, 04:39:56 am »

Obviously, all the ingredients of salsa.

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2023, 12:20:18 am »

The new pizza crepe taco pancake chili bag pyramid, only at Taco Dwarf!

Salsa Gal

• Bay Watcher
  • Diggy diggy hole
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2023, 09:38:38 am »

This is definitely the best suggestion so far

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2023, 08:17:22 pm »

fill it with giant birds and chained up elves and re-enact the punishments of Prometheus (and other tales) in your epic MYTH-DOME OF THE ANCIENTS

you could put a slightly smaller pyramid underneath and fill the negative space with forgotten beasts. so anyone who breaks in runs into ... issues

finally, build a negative-space pyramid underneath, mirrored to the original, and then host a secret government agency dedicated to growing and training large bio-mechanical fighting machines which eventually goes on to fight off a series of increasingly powerful alien beings in epic, city-destroying battles.. no? you don't want to roleplay Evangelion x Dwarf Fortress ? understandable.

Salsa Gal

• Bay Watcher
  • Diggy diggy hole
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2023, 08:28:29 pm »

Evangelion??? In my Dwarf Fortress??? FUCK YES

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2023, 03:58:08 pm »

. . . .any screenshots? as a pyramid builder myself I am curious.

Kikkero

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2023, 11:30:38 am »

Fill it with more pyramids and make a Sierpinski's pyramid.  It'll be completely useless, but since when has that ever stopped anyone?
Pages: [1] 2