Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Book of Hours. Be an Occult Librarian, hoard forbidden knowledge, try not to die  (Read 4340 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Yeah, I've been tempted to restart too now that I understand skills. I wish I understood more about how a given skill maps to a given attribute when slotting. Because it makes no sense. I've got one Phost and despite trying to slot skills into that section of three, I haven't gotten another Phost stat upgrade out of it. Even using something that has Lantern in it. Very confused.

And there's also....

Spoiler: Numa (click to show/hide)

Truth is though you should probably have one of each skill learned, bar nothing.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 04:11:38 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

It tells you about Numa effect on lessons when you hover over the 'persistent' attribute on those.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well I know it NOW. Not knowing about Numa before hand though, it was a scramble.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I tried to remove an infestation from a book and it didn't work?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Calech

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: infestations (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: however (click to show/hide)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well I performed the operation and got my Soul maladied. I dunno, I re-checked my aspects several times. But the fact the title should change and didn't tells me I did something wrong. It was an Edge book, using a Lantern Skill for the cleansing, using a Winter Soul and Memory. I feel? like I did it correct but I'll have to run some more tests.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 12:15:36 pm by nenjin »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did you provide the correct element of the soul? Different colours of infestations need different souls (it tells you which when you hover over the infestation). Theoplasma on my wintry books was Chionic, and needed heart. On the lantern one it was Actinic and needed forge. This necessitated a change of desks and cleansing skills.
Now I think of it, that one cleansing failure I mentioned might have been me trying to use the same skill as before, with the same soul, rather than anything to do with not having read the book first.

Calech

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well I performed the operation and got my Soul maladied. I dunno, I re-checked my aspects several times. But the fact the title should change and didn't tells me I did something wrong. It was an Edge book, using a Lantern Skill for the cleansing, using a Winter Soul and Memory. I feel? like I did it correct but I'll have to run some more tests.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll check when I get home. It's possible I misread it but I SWEAR that Lantern right I had was effective against Infestations. If not I'll feel pretty stupid.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think that's also maybe one of the frustrating parts of the game. From the Workstations that upgrade Skills to the Workstations that actually do something specific, how you get these things has everything to do with how you unlock the House. So I'm like....50 hours in and I just found a Writing Desk that will handle Busk.

It's a shame the rooms aren't semi-randomly populated. I get why, the structure of Hush House and its rooms are part of the narrative. But it does make for some moments where you feel stuck simply because you haven't unlocked the right thing yet. Partly why I'm glad there's no real doomclock or upkeep.

I will say though that

Eh. Weather is a bonus. Have you tried talking to your "hired" helpers/friends?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just figured that out a day or so ago.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

"It's such a nice sunny day out. Eat this, drink this, hold this device, and now let's go clean my house." I sometimes feel bad dragging my buddies over to the hush house.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Don't forget your candle, it's dark in there! Good luck!"

As someone who recently demoed walls for a friend at a new house they're renovating, and got pizza and a soda out of it, it's dead on. And fun. But years worth of doing it, every weekend? Maybe not so much :P

And it turns out I'm a fucking idiot. The:

The tooltip upon loading to find that out even said "Read everything." Indeed. Thanks for the help though.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 07:04:18 pm by nenjin »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Latest update seems to have added a button for selecting completed tasks. Very handy.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5