Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: [IC] Trespassers of the Mulitverse: Unification: Blades, Guns, and Arconite  (Read 3946 times)

Sora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Trespassers of the Mulitverse: Unification: Blades, Guns, and Arconite
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2023, 12:46:11 pm »

After the fighting died down and Ea could be certain there'd be no one left who would try to cause her group any harm, she put away her weapon and closed her eyes in a reverent gesture.

"I hope that your deaths came swift and without pain and that your gods, whoever they may be, judge your brave Souls to be worthy of staying with them."

She ended the little sequence with a quick prayer she spoke in Sylvan, the language native to the fey, before continuing with the mission ahead of them.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2023, 09:17:56 am »

Tsubasa flicks the blood off her sword with a small flourish as she returns it to its sheath. The fighting over, she immediately relaxes into a casual pose, giving Cathartes an expectant look. She'd never been much of a talker.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2023, 09:23:13 pm »

Mira

With the battle done, Mira lets out a breath, flipping her sword around and sheathing it... Before she turned her attention towards the survivor currently cowering from Cathartes'. A bit of disgust as a fellow soldier passes her mind for a second before she marches forward, looming over the Sovereign soldier as black mist coiled around her, "Sovereign's new pen. What do you know of it" Mira began sternly, narrowing her eyes slightly as she stared down, "Start talking, and do it fast. I'm not patient."
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2023, 11:27:53 pm »

The man flinches at the sound of Mira's voice and shrinks beneath her stare as she moves into the man's line of sight. Cathartes moves to the man's right side so as not to put Mira in her line of fire.

"L-look, I'm just hired muscle! Did what the boss told me, he said the risk was gonna be worth it..." His eyes flick towards the destroyed mech and the pool of blood that's growing from its cockpit.
"What did he tell you?"
"That Sovereign was giving us an opportunity to get out of the gutter! That we wouldn't have to live off of scraps, hiding from every other-"
"Okay, enough," Cathartes says. "What's this ship's cargo?"
"I don't know!" Seeing Cathartes aim her rifle at his leg, the man adds, "Looked like shield shit to me! For big, big fucking shields! They didn't tell us shit, okay?"
"And their base. You been there?"
"O-once. H-had lots of entrances... But we only used one. Didn't see much..."
Cathartes nods, processing the information. After a few seconds, she turns to Mira. Sensing a bit of leniency, the ex-Sovereign ex-ganger asks, "P-please let me go?"

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2023, 02:44:54 am »

"Well, summary executions are the sort of thing a Romulan would do," Joan's tone says exactly how little she thinks of that option, "And we seem to be fresh out of brigs to stick this miscreant into, so I suppose letting him go is the only option left.  But if we do choose to release him, are we not signing his death warrant anyway?  I can't say I'm the most familiar with these Sovereign fellows, but nobody who picks a name that smacks of such desperation to be taken seriously is likely to interpret surviving a defeat especially kindly.  Would they not send someone to 'teach him the price of failure' or whatever these puffed-up tin-pot dictator types with delusions of grandeur call it these days?"
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2023, 11:56:28 pm »

As Joan lists her options, Cathartes lowers her rifle. The man glances at her, then at Joan, then at the others.
"Not dictators," Cathartes corrects. "Corporate. Anyway..." She studies the captive for several seconds, then asks, "What's your name?"
"O-Orion... Orion Vanderstar."
"Okay." Cathartes walks up to Orion and extends her hand. "Orion. Wanna join us?"
The offer seems to make Orion perk up. "Yes, yes I do! I-I'm a fast learner, and - and a pretty good shot with a pistol, and I know how to pilot light spacecraft, and since I was with Sovereign, I can tell you about their operations, and-"
Orion continues to rattle off a list of skills and qualifications, most of which sound pretty basic. Cathartes, for the most part, seems to be patiently listening - although it's hard to read her expression through her helmet.

Sora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2023, 02:15:43 am »

"So what I'm hearing is that you're just the right kind of person we were looking for!"

The kind of enthusiasm Ea put into her voice was, for anyone who has been around her at all, pretty unnatural. And so was the offer that followed that.

"Hey Orion, now that you're officially joining the team, we got a little welcoming ceremony. Don't worry you won't have to say any kind of vows or anything. We're just gonna eat some nice fruit together, it's gonna be a sign of our newly formed friendship! Do you have an apple at hand that I could cut in two pieces perhaps?"

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2023, 10:41:54 pm »

Cathartes and Orion share a look before the former says, “Let’s not be so formal.”

The aftermath is relatively uneventful - the team takes what data and equipment they can from the ship and leave it for Sovereign to (eventually) find.

After being told of the results of the attack from Cathartes, Lyra and Annie both seem worried by the news of the ship’s cargo.
“If it’s shields, then it could be that they’re trying to keep the Trespasser locked up, like caging an attack dog until it’s ready...”
Annie grimaces at the idea. “Yeah, that definitely sounds like them. Welp, at least with the maps Cathartes got from the Phlogiston, we know where to go when we do get to bringing these pricks down.”
Lyra nods. “Of course. We need to think about what we want to do first, of course...”

Favor: 20 (+12 from attacking the Phlogiston)
Heat: 5 (+4 from attacking the Phlogiston)

“Oh, we got some things together while you were out. No big.”
"Plus, I think I can make use of some of the stuff snagged from the Phlogiston. It's state-of-the-art for what it does, but I think I can modify it to suit our purposes..."

Annie and Lyra bring:
Extra Ammo for Cathartes: Cathartes can now fire her rifle up to five times per battle.
Improved Thrusters: Ally INIT can never fall below 1.

For attacking the Phlogiston, the team also gets:
Emergency Shielding: At the start of a fight, the entire team gains 10 SHD.

Spoiler: Mission Prep (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Current Prep (click to show/hide)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2023, 10:07:16 am »

"We should probably make sure we're in good shape before we strike again. Knowing our enemy is vital, too. I vote that we train and collect some intelligence."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2023, 05:31:12 am »

"I agree with Tsubasa, for what it's worth.  No amount of firepower can replace a well-drilled team, or get you out of a situation where your enemies have better information control than you do."
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

Sora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2023, 04:33:09 pm »

Munching on an apple (and being a bit annoyed because her absolutely great idea was shut down so early), Ea stood at the side lines and listened to what the others had to say.

"I'll go with whatever all of you think is important, but if you want my personal opinion on the matter, I believe these...drones you called them? They sound rather useful to me. Or maybe I'm giving them more credit than they're worth."

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2023, 05:22:52 pm »

"I say we put our new friend to actual use. But ensuring we are well prepared through training is, as Tsubasa said, vital to success."
OOC
IC

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

Lyra and Annie nod, then get to work. The training is pretty densely-packed with information, and before long, the team is left feeling stronger than they’ve felt before.
Everyone gains 1 Level.

In between preparing equipment, providing pointers, and otherwise getting the crew ready for what’s ahead, the two also call on their contacts for more info.

At Ea’s suggestion, they also make a few calls. They’ve already met Oxide, and she’ll be ready to join battle with the team.
Spoiler: Mission Choices: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Advantages (click to show/hide)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

"I'd prefer to go for the neck as fast as possible, but if not, getting those war machines out of the way would be my vote."
GM of Trespassers V2.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile

"If we aren't going to handle Sovereign's base yet, then eliminating their mechanized units should be the next priority. Let them chatter as much as they want, it won't change anything when we come for them."
OOC
IC
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5