Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: specific clothing for creature  (Read 279 times)

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
specific clothing for creature
« on: August 22, 2023, 09:38:40 am »

Is it possible to create cloting specific for one type of creature? even in fortress-mode?
What I like to have, is to let dwarfs be able to wear beard-rings, for example. I thought of creating a special type of helm, but it would be available for all citizens to wear, which is what i dont want.
I know I can configure it in a entity, but that wouldnt be enought

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: specific clothing for creature
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2023, 09:52:51 am »

I have an idea.
Maybe i can make my special ring both RING and EARRING. that means that it can be worn on any bodypart that is both DIGIT and HEAR. An cannot be worn by any other creature.

the downside is that regular rings and earrings can also be worn in someones bearn.. but on the other hand: why not.

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
Re: specific clothing for creature
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2023, 07:21:19 pm »

oof had a thought on this although i am not the one to be able to fully implement this idea

with a creature variation change the male dwarfs size so that it is different from the females so that only they can wear the item, im fairly sure you can even creature vary body parts

i know this would be very possable, though i am unsure of how to implement it, creature variations are kinda weird and i havnt played much with them yet