Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I need help with castes  (Read 540 times)

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
I need help with castes
« on: August 22, 2023, 10:07:12 am »

I've done a lot of digging on the forum and I found a lot of examples of what I'm trying to do and how to do it but I can't seem to get it to work to save my life I must not be fully understanding how the cast system works I want multiple casts to have different tissues blood tissues everything different but somehow they always have the same damn tissue and blood I don't know how to get them to be separate
 I have separate templates
To begin with ideally I want one caste to have a totally different blood
I'm using [select_caste] [select _additional_caste] ect to declare different things but all castes use the same stuff

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I need help with castes
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2023, 10:09:03 am »

can you post the raw?

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2023, 10:15:29 am »

I want to add this specifically to the material blood and have a creature have this in their blood but I can't get it to her to save my life I know one cheap workaround to get it to work but it makes the entire creature have this in it's blood and I don't want it to do it that way

[MULTIPLY_VALUE:15]

[COLDDAM_POINT:NONE]
      [HEATDAM_POINT:NONE]
      [IGNITE_POINT:NONE]
      [IF_EXISTS_SET_MELTING_POINT:55000]
      [IF_EXISTS_SET_BOILING_POINT:57000]
      [SPEC_HEAT:30000]
   Need to make sure blood and pus aren't solid at regular temperatures.
   [SELECT_MATERIAL:BLOOD]
    [PLUS_MATERIAL:PUS]
   [MELTING_POINT:10000]

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2023, 10:18:02 am »

It's from the bottom part of a dragon I'm trying to figure out how to get it on just one caste member of my creature

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2023, 10:19:20 am »

On the dragon it says select the material all I don't want it select material all I want one cast to have this as all of their material

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2023, 01:08:11 pm »

Ok I was playing around and got this almost to work my creature is fire immune buts it's teeth only are burning it to death .....

I'm using 3 separate fire immune templates body, material,tissue
Have my castes body's setup at caste level but the graphics for only fire immune are not displaying and it dies from burning teeth

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2023, 09:43:41 pm »

I finally got everything sorted I have my fireproof cast creature now

but the graphics aren't displaying properly nowlol
It's weird but it's only displaying the creatures shadow
 I'll figure it out 🫠

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2023, 12:56:05 pm »

Ok I'm stumped
I'm using a copy of a dwarf creature split into 3 castes all of which function perfectly using vanilla tissues and materials

When I add [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN_FI:FAT_FI:MUSCLE_FI:BONE_FI:CARTILAGE_FI] the creature graphics stop showing ....

Also the creatures teeth and head are not fire proof which is stumping me also

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2023, 05:35:18 am »

Did you already managed to get it working?

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2023, 09:01:19 am »

The closest I got was a creature who was entirely fireproof except for teeth it would die from burnt teeth lmao

Bigger problem was sorting out layered graphics issue when I changed to fireproof tissues, I could not get all the graphics to display right to save my life.

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2023, 09:41:16 am »

thats a pitty. I havent worked with graphics myself, yet.

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2023, 09:55:44 am »

From what I found so far the graphics are pretty cool but the single image graphics like ones with just a alive and corpse are really simple
It's when you start doing any kind of graphics that are layered it starts to become quantum mechanics level intensity hardness 🤣🤣

I've dabbled with a lot stuff from the wiki but layered graphics, for me at least is pretty tedious/complex.

I've got stuff like fairy's that upon being summoned resurrect my dead dwarfs to special alcohol that really chills any one out a workshop that can make a fun array of useable items like special wood that when made into weapons does less damage than regular wood (great for danger rooms), food that triggers syndromes one of which I call blighted mana that pretty much melts your face off to eat it lmao,recently added a reaction that converts dwarfs into necromancers but it needs work.

Most proud though of my breedable creature that produces historical figures some pretty funny stuff happens with this

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2023, 05:22:36 pm »

You will need to move the body definitions into the caste definitions, and use separate tissue and material names and body detail plans for each. All the parts where it creates or calls on tissue layers, materials, blood, etc. Anything not in a caste definition will be applied creature-wide, as will tags that are creature-level only. each material or tissue template you want to add special properties to you will have to select individually and apply the changes, then select the next one that needs to be changed and so on.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2023, 05:24:31 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2023, 05:31:37 pm »

You will need to move the body definitions into the caste definitions, and use separate tissue and material names and body detail plans for each. All the parts where it creates or calls on tissue layers, materials, blood, etc. Anything not in a caste definition will be applied creature-wide, as will tags that are creature-level only. each material or tissue template you want to add special properties to you will have to select individually and apply the changes, then select the next one that needs to be changed and so on.

Yup this a pain of a process I got it working for the most part but ran into issues with graphics