Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: does GOBBLE_VERMIN_CLASS work with the SYN_INJESTED-token?  (Read 596 times)

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
Re: does GOBBLE_VERMIN_CLASS work with the SYN_INJESTED-token?
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2023, 12:57:01 am »

yea its kinda sad that gobble only works if hunger is in play other wise gobble just erases stuff

I watched a lot of horses starve to death today to get the information I now know :(

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2023, 02:01:48 am »

I watched a lot of horses starve to death today to get the information I now know :(
Thats really sad... my condoleances.. we are gratefull for their sacrifice.

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2023, 03:25:42 am »

Upon some additional science if you transform a creature without capacity for hunger into  something that does have hunger it will gain hunger and upon transformation to original creature will gobble the vermin but it's so not ideal and you can expect to accidently transform dwarfs every time unless you make them immune

A side note: if the creature is in a pasture, it will not leave the pasture to eat but if vermin is in pasture it will eat them

I used a 9500 duration with dwf:4 and it just started to get hungry when it transformed back to original

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2023, 04:17:32 am »

So it seems that only plant-eating / grazing creatures ever get hungry.

I'll try adding the NO_EAT tag and removing it after a while. Hopefully this gets them hungry.

also what might work, is let the bugs leak the syndrome-material onto the grass, which then is eaten by the grazers. The dont exactly need to be gobbles. The ROOT_AROUND-token makes the bugs spawn anyway. but thats really a hassle.

I think I might go with Eric suggestion: let the bugs apply the syndrome in another way. I'll try letting them do a interaction that applies the syndrome.

cause what I think wat happens, is that the gobbles dont get hungry, because they are constantly eating. much more than 2 items per month. I also noticed my creatures were becoming very fat. maybe because i made the bugs a lot bigger :-). I think they might get hungry even if they're just gobblers, if they dont eat that much anyway.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 04:37:29 am by joostheger »

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2023, 08:55:39 am »

Adding no_eat  removes the need to eat entirely 😭

I also thought gobblers were just eating a lot why the never hunger but nothing truly "eats" without "hungry"
I watched animal with gobble only live care free for in game years with out any ill effects of not eating

It's painfully apparent when you specify vermin with the [gobble_vermin_creature:creature:caste] token
Pages: 1 [2]