Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can DFHack change my Adventurer's handedness?  (Read 326 times)

Urist Sonuvagimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Can DFHack change my Adventurer's handedness?
« on: September 15, 2023, 09:20:56 pm »

DFhack has an amazing utility command GM-unit/GM-editor that allows editing pretty much any attribute of any unit.

Is it possible to change adventurer's leading hand to right (or left) with GM-editor though?

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can DFHack change my Adventurer's handedness?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2023, 10:17:24 pm »

In gm-editor go into body then change weapon_bp. You probably want 8, but you can go into body_plan then body_parts to find the number of the hand you want.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Urist Sonuvagimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2023, 12:06:33 am »

Great, it worked! Thanks a lot, though is there anywhere I can look up the "API" of the DFhack gm-editor? I.e. what values do what. Does any documentation on these exist?

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2023, 12:25:26 am »

https://github.com/DFHack/df-structures/blob/master/df.units.xml has some comments, and the names are mostly pretty self descriptive, but you're looking at the data as stored in memory, and we don't hav the game code that works on that data, so it can be complex to puzzle out the details.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.