Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 50.11 Released  (Read 26585 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Dwarf Fortress 50.11 Released
« on: October 03, 2023, 11:39:31 am »

Download (Click refresh on your browser if it doesn't show up)

Release notes for 50.11 (October 3, 2023):

Here's a patch for a linux log crash and tutorial issues, as well as some more minor issues that came up in code analysis.

Major bug fixes
   (*) Fixed crash on linux related to game log threading
   (*) Fixed broken tutorial on click workshop step
   (*) Stopped tutorial prompt in tiny worlds where tutorial is invalid
   (*) Cleaned up a source of squad schedule corruption
   (*) Made classic graphics setting work properly on restart (hopefully for real this time!)

Other bug fixes/tweaks
   (*) Fixed potential problem with doctors vs. multiple hospitals
   (*) Ballista arrows etc. that chop down trees now count for treecap diplomacy
   (*) Image sets with non-uniform types now properly display as having a variety of types
   (*) Generic improvements now properly display "made a masterful improvement" in histories
   (*) Allowed single pair dances to generate properly
   (*) Fixed potential minor oddity involving animal placement
« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 11:57:26 am by Toady One »
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 50.11 Released
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2023, 01:30:46 pm »

uhh weird question what does that etc. mean in this case like... different types of ballista?

oh does this just mean siege weapons being used to chop trees down now counts for treecap diplomacy?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2023, 11:16:05 pm »

uhh weird question what does that etc. mean in this case like... different types of ballista?

oh does this just mean siege weapons being used to chop trees down now counts for treecap diplomacy?

In the past it was controlled by the "piercing" projectile flag, which I'm pretty was just ballista arrows (and not catapult stones.) Don't know about now.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2023, 09:19:36 am »

I'm pretty sure that means that if you fire your ballista and the arrow destroys trees as it flies through the air, each destroyed tree counts against your cap.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2023, 01:45:37 pm »

I'm pretty sure that means that if you fire your ballista and the arrow destroys trees as it flies through the air, each destroyed tree counts against your cap.

AFAIK, projectiles can destroy trees if and only if they have the flag. I'm not aware of any projectile besides ballista arrows that have it or can destroy trees. (Pretty sure it's hardcoded and needs to be hacked after the projectile is created, too.)

Maybe the "etc" refers to fires? Do those properly destroy trees?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 01:51:02 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

risusinf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2023, 11:13:44 pm »

(*) Made classic graphics setting work properly on restart (hopefully for real this time!)

Seem to work, thanks.

Regarding tutorial bugs, i get stuck at zoom-in/zoom out step in classic linux build, ie left/right bracket and ctrl+mouse do what is intended, but zoom-out tick stays unchecked and there is no progress.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2023, 09:16:46 pm »

Seem to work, thanks.

Regarding tutorial bugs, i get stuck at zoom-in/zoom out step in classic linux build, ie left/right bracket and ctrl+mouse do what is intended, but zoom-out tick stays unchecked and there is no progress.

I went through it, and it worked just fine for me...
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2023, 11:06:31 pm »

Once again, it's been over a month and the news section on the site header thingy hasn't been updated so it still says 50.10 is the latest release. I failed to notice this update came out until just now due to that.

EDIT: Er, almost a month rather, since 50.11 released. Over a month ago would be when 50.10 released, brain smol

EDIT 2: It has since been fixed sometime after this post. :D
« Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 03:28:20 am by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

bool1989

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2023, 02:51:06 pm »

Why havn't you added crates to store logs and stones yet, toady?

It's very immersion breaking to have to quantum stockpile all the stone because there's just so much of it.

Crates as a method of holding up to 10 stone or logs makes perfect sense to me. If we have bins, why not crates?

Please add crates Toady.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2023, 08:07:21 pm »

Why havn't you added crates to store logs and stones yet, toady?

It's very immersion breaking to have to quantum stockpile all the stone because there's just so much of it.

Crates as a method of holding up to 10 stone or logs makes perfect sense to me. If we have bins, why not crates?

Please add crates Toady.
There's a suggestion forum for suggestions. Find the thread on crates for stones (possibly there are several, likely all by the same person, but any one will.do) and add to that conversation.

bool1989

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2023, 12:17:47 am »

That person was me, I suggested it twice.

I think toady should make it a priority.

for a game that's supposed to be about mining and delving lodgings, i'd say that this game is seriously lacking in a way to realistically manage stones.

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2023, 04:02:59 am »

Just remember that everybody who plays DF has an issue that they would like prioritised (me: you can't give from stockpiles that accept containers to stockpiles that don't accept containers). We all think that our issue is the highest priority.  If you have made suggestion in the suggestion thread, Toady has read it.  If it hasn't been addressed it's because he things something else has a higher priority.  Repeatedly asking for it won't help you and just makes the forums an annoying place to be in.

As for when I think this issue will be addressed, looking at the priority list as I understand it, it's not going to happen for years.  That's my honest opinion.

bool1989

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2023, 03:47:53 pm »

It should happen the next update!

This is a major, game breaking issue that needs to be addressed NOW!

Without a way to manage the large amounts of stone that result from delving lodgings, players are forced to either just let the stone sit around, make a massive stockpile for it (Which results in even more stone if they delve another room), or make a quantum stockpile to stick it in.

Every single option is game breaking

1. Letting it sit around tarnishes the beauty and splendor of the delving's players are trying to do, and is very immersion ruining.

2. Creating a huge stockpile for it makes the fort looks both A. Ugly and disproportionate, B. Nearly useless because every extra room delved makes more stone, so the stockpile is quickly filled to it's limit, requiring more space to be delved to expand the stockpile, which makes the fortress look more ugly and disproportionate and in the end produces more stone you don't have room for.

3. Creating a quantum stockpile is immersion ruining because you have to use the dump function for something that it was never intended for, turning it into a game breaking exploit.

I'm not gonna let this issue go, from now on i'm going to let toady know that his game is broken because he hasn't implemented crates yet.

If he wants his game to be not broken, he needs to implement crates post-hastes, in the very next update.

They're just bins with a different name and a different function, Toady, it shouldn't take you more than a day to implement them.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2023, 06:23:35 pm »

4. Using crates is immersion ruining because it's quantum stockpile lite (or it's just #2.)

bool1989

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2023, 06:34:49 pm »

4. Using crates is immersion ruining because it's quantum stockpile lite (or it's just #2.)

If you believe that, then you play without bins, barrels and pots, therefor you let your food rot and your alcohol splatter on the floor, and your dwarves hate you.

I imagine that your forts don't last much longer than a few months, with conditions like that.
Pages: [1] 2