Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 50.11 Released  (Read 26575 times)

Wolfkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 50.11 Released
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2023, 06:51:31 pm »

1. Letting it sit around tarnishes the beauty and splendor of the delving's players are trying to do, and is very immersion ruining.

Just hide the boulders.

bool1989

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2023, 08:54:40 pm »

1. Letting it sit around tarnishes the beauty and splendor of the delving's players are trying to do, and is very immersion ruining.

Just hide the boulders.

Oh, just hide the boulders, real original, immersion ruining, and game breaking!

the only way to solve this problem is for toady to implement crates.

Quit suggesting other ideas, they're all terrible.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2023, 03:21:27 am »

« Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 04:19:01 am by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2023, 10:41:45 pm »

I've reported a great many backs on the mantis site that were all pet peeves of mine, myriad obstacles that languished in the mantis bug tracker until the site wiped, so many of my old personal wishlist items will likely go eternally forgotten.
Which Mantis are you referring to? I don't believe anything was wiped entirely, although some reports are private.

Long version: the "old" tracker (pre-2022/23, on bay12games.com) should have been migrated completely to the "previous" one (mantishub), which should also have been migrated completely to the new one (https://dwarffortressbugtracker.com/). If you're referring to reports on the previous mantishub tracker that you emailed in, those all went to the "Triage" project, which did migrate over, but is private. (Every issue required manual intervention before it could be made public, including removing the reporter's real name and email address, so there are still 414 issues in that project that haven't been migrated yet.)
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2023, 02:06:13 am »

If you believe that, then you play without bins, barrels and pots, therefor you let your food rot and your alcohol splatter on the floor, and your dwarves hate you.

I imagine that your forts don't last much longer than a few months, with conditions like that.

I play without bins due to hauling issues. Don't project your disorganization onto others, though, and keep your ridiculous strawman arguments to yourself. (Seriously, how did you even arrive at not storing alcohol in barrels? What was the thought process there?)

The issue here is that containers have actual volume. A bin is 60000 cm3. A boulder is 100000 cm3. You can't fit even one, so you're just quantum stockpiling. (Sufficiently large stacks of food also don't fit in barrels, FYI. They don't rot while in stockpiles, but are slightly vulnerable to vermin.)

Consider using or destroying your stones instead of hoarding them all?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2023, 02:15:18 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 [2]