Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My mod suddenly wont load.  (Read 357 times)

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My mod suddenly wont load.
« on: October 04, 2023, 03:24:51 pm »

I've no idea what is wrong. It suddenly doesn't load anymore. I removed all my changes, but nothing. Even nothing in the error log...
I reinstalled DF completely, No luck...

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My mod suddenly wont load.
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2023, 01:58:04 pm »

Well, without much context at what stage you're attempting it and the general overview of what the mod attempts to do, helping you could be difficult.

By not load and 'suddenly', have you gone through the typical FAQ for mod fixing?

- Suddenly changing or removing mods from the 'installed mods' folder location, without prompting to 'update' from a different version in 'mods' (unloaded mods) can cause save instability and crashes to desktop (relevant to point below)

- Updating RAW mod effects only happens on new world generation, updating graphics/script (for dfhack etc) mod content can be done on existing saves when loading.

- All mods content files must have correct file headings (creature_standard.txt etc.) to be read on a file of the same name.

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My mod suddenly wont load.
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2023, 02:08:11 pm »

Oh man.. I finally got it.
I had removed my mod-files from the Mod-folder (assuming that they wont matter), and changed the mod's-ID in the info-file, which was in in the Installed-Mod-folder..
And with every retry, I just added them to the installed-mod folder, without properly installing them...
Anyway, thanks for the advise, FantasticDorf! Hadn't I found it myself, I would have solved it following this lead:

Suddenly changing or removing mods from the 'installed mods' folder location,