Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is it advisable?  (Read 762 times)

EdwinDean

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Is it advisable?
« on: October 10, 2023, 04:36:07 am »

He has admitted his guilt, is currently restrained, but still possesses the artifact. Is it advisable to deploy my military forces to apprehend him? I am determined to retrieve the item, as I am in the process of devising a plan to exact revenge on his accomplice, who has stolen it on two occasions, endured a prison sentence, and faced a physical assault. I have no patience for that dwarf.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Is it advisable?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2023, 05:16:00 am »

I would advise a more dwarfy way to deal with the dwarf. Have him swim in a moat filled with alligators. You never know, maybe he will survive against all odds and become a master swimmer and wrestler.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2023, 07:00:37 am »

No, I would never use military on members of my own entities (government or civ), there's too much risk and no benefit which cannot be obtained in another way. If this artefact is magma-safe, I would try magma swimming exercises. If not, then water swimming, as advised above. Or something like wild animals (black mambas, cave crocs, whatever). You could also cage the dwarf, and drop the cage from a high elevation (I assume this still works). It would look like and accidents.

Personally, I still have on my retinue a dwarf who brought my artefact to an agent (who happen to be intelligent undead, like most agents in my world), and still have the agent alive, and visiting me periodically. I like my vengeance cold, I know from what tower the agent comes, and will invade it in a year or two. And for the dwarf, he's a legendary armorsmith, so he still has his uses. Artefacts are aplenty, I've just dug out about ten from deep below, and the dwarf is just a tool. I would go for the mastermind instead.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2023, 10:29:22 am »

I usually just send in a single armored dwarf to the cell to deal with the individual. No witnesses = no complications.

Dealing with an offending fort member is much simpler, as you can assign them to any old lever to get them where you want them. Doing a Cask of Amontillado is easy enough.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2023, 10:41:55 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2023, 11:10:03 am »

What about enlisting him to a squad? With multiple weapons as uniform. He'll probably drops his caried items.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2023, 11:13:02 am »

Have you considered just letting him starve?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2023, 11:47:13 am »

I think this needs clarification. Is the restrained individual a member of the fort, or is his accomplice?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?