Dwarf Fortress > DF General Discussion

The value of a human(oid) life

(1/4) > >>

joostheger:
How much is a dwarf worth? And the other intelligent species?
If slavery was a thing in Dwarf Fortress, what do you want to pay for it?

Here are some actual numbers for comparison
Dog: 30
Cow: 300
Giant elephant: 500
Gigantic tortoise: 1500
Dragon: 10000

Here's my point of view.
Dwarves and elves: 2000
Humans and Goblins: 1500
Kobolts: 500

Cathar:

--- Quote from: joostheger on October 26, 2023, 03:20:33 am ---If slavery was a thing in Dwarf Fortress, what do you want to pay for it?

--- End quote ---
Can you describe the thought process behind asking that question ? What are you trying to achieve, what information are you trying to dig up, how would this information be useful ? Whatever  you believe it may be, is it worth the contempt it is going to earn you ?

joostheger:
I understand what you mean. You know what BS that is? People complaining about slavery in computergames, but are totally fine with manslaugher, theft and greed, destroying the environment, abuse and violence, mistreatment of women and adultery in games. And the most stupid of all: being offended by the SETTLERS of Catan. So I'm going to ignore all the dumb remarks and enjoy the completely innocent slavery of bits and bytes. :-) No offence.

Anyway.

Yes I'm working on a mod in which you are able to buy and sell intelligent beings, but I'm tryiing to determine a reasenable price. They are not easily compared with default pets.

Cathar:
Yeah I missed the guy making the manslaughter and adultery mod, and the connexion it has with your post for that matter.
I blame version 50.0 for bringing this kind of degeneracy in the forums and I wish this kind of initiative would stay in the rimworld where they belong.

joostheger:
And there he stands. the proud and intelligent elf. Only 2000 DwarfBucks. Do you take him with you in the expedition to new lands? He lives for an eternity and keeps building up skills. Or do you prefer four giant elephants instead?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version