Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Allow players to invite guests to stay  (Read 289 times)

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Allow players to invite guests to stay
« on: November 03, 2023, 08:13:53 pm »

Basically a reverse petition, done in a similar way to an interrogation. Where you basically have your mayor have a meeting with a guest to invite them join the fort officially. It would be cool to use this diplomatically with the cave people too, though I'd assume the savage ones would be more inclined to attack your mayor on sight, but that's kinda fun too.

I've noticed several posts on reddit lately talking about how much they like their strange visitors and would like to make the fort more 'multi-cultural'. I'm one of those players too, in the past I've often used this DF hack command to make a guest join my fort and 'role played' that they liked it and chose to stay. I haven't used it in a while but if I remember right it can result in some weirdness at times so it would be nicer to have a non-hacky method, and for them to actually get to choose.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2023, 08:57:50 pm by Pillbo »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Allow players to invite guests to stay
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2023, 09:39:05 pm »

I think this is a good idea. +1 definitely.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.