Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Magma's weird and zany text generators  (Read 4205 times)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Re: Magma's weird and zany text generators
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2023, 08:39:27 pm »

Check out the new dwarf planet option in Astropedia!
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
  • The vulture on your shoulder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2023, 05:32:39 am »

That's pretty cool! I see you also figured out how to get all planet types to use the same multi-line style of output.
Freedom is not a spectrum.
Put me in chains, or stop telling me what to do.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2023, 11:24:44 am »

That's pretty cool! I see you also figured out how to get all planet types to use the same multi-line style of output.

Yea, thanks for the trick, it is EXTREMELY helpful to me. I am doing all this on mobile. So the visibility is very limited. I can now comfortably see the entire template at once.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2023, 05:01:10 pm »

I opted to drop the distinction between the different wetness categories, allowing any zone to pick multiple biomes from the same category. Makes zone generation less predictable.

I kinda went back to this and found I kinda agreed. So now each habitable biome subselection uses four different sub-subselections. One of them is the older one that picks one from each wetness category, and the other three are specific to one degree of wetness. So now we can have dry warm highlands and hot wet lowlands. It is still kinda stilted, stuck between four absolutes, and I can think of a few solutions for those.

But it is fine for now. 4 absolutes is less jarring than 1.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2023, 06:31:43 pm »

Check Astropedia to look at the cool updates! I added seeds and fixed a bunch of stuff.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2023, 03:33:42 pm »

I will ask you to please continue to allow volcanic ice bodies to be a thing, though, whenever you decide to get around to that. Cryovolcanoes are indeed a thing, and I was nicely surprised when I saw a volcanic ice moon show up once and I was like "hey, that's interesting" because of the common assumption of volcanoes being the molten rock type.

Guess what I added!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2023, 11:16:08 pm »

I opened Astropedia and got this:
Code: (Error box) [Select]
An error has occurred near line number 1479: The expression '[cryrf]' returned nothing (undefined). You may be trying to reference a list, variable, or function that doesn't exist.
Quote from: Description of randomly generated moon ASU-603-E
Bold highlights mine.
Summary
ASU-603-E is a barren, geologically active moon of a terrestrial planet.

Surface Features
ASU-603-E is an extremely cold, cryogenic dead moon, consisting of chaotic ice formations and icy crags.

Atmosphere Data
It has no atmosphere.

Biopshere and Ecology
ASU-603-E has no biological life.

Lithosphere Data
ASU-603-E's crust has varying levels of rigidity, and commonly features carbon and yttrium. Elements listed are found in thin veins that course all throught the worlds lithosphere. Rocks here are generally vascular. It has ancient remnants of enormous volcanic cones buried under newer rock

It is a young sattelite, aging around 2 billion years.

ASU-603-E is a geologically active world. Hallmarks of tectonic and undefinedvolcanic features are commonplace throught the native lithosphere.

Scientific Information
It is large in scale relative to its body class, and has an average amount of surface gravity compared to it. It is the 3rd furthest world from its main body. A day here is 45 hours, and one full rotation around its parent object takes 121 days.

Special Properties And Anomalies
...No Data...

Civilisation Status
... No Data ...
I think the cryovolcanoes may need a bit of ironing out.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2023, 02:24:22 am »

I think the cryovolcanoes may need a bit of ironing out.

Fixed. I forgot to change cryoYES variable to a list. Works fine now.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2023, 06:37:23 pm »

Astropedia kept spitting out planets with inconsistent orbital placements. So I fixed it. The distance and time which a planet orbits its star or stars is now correlated with its climate. There is still intentional leeway for wonky stuff, but not to the degree of-

I took a look at it, and it looks cool. Does produce some weird, phenomena like a moon that orbits its parent gas giant on a 180 day orbit (large, massive and luminous blue-white star, this gas giant being very far out in a huge habitable zone?), or the tenth world out in a system, which itself has a 22 hour orbit (lots of very small planets circling a very small red dwarf?? At least it's supposedly very hot with molten material around the equator and the life was said to be specially tailored for the environment.)

-these over here.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2023, 11:42:05 am »

I keep learning new tricks. While outside effects are minimal, there has been revolutionary internal changes in three subsystems.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2024, 05:06:11 am »

I am having problems with Dynamic Odds. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't?

Figured out how to import output from other generators. That obnoxiously long list of metallic elements is completely out of sight now. Didn't work out, still have to live with the obnoxiously long element lists.  But now I have two more tiny generators.

Also, I've been working on Astropedia still. Just check the devlog.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2024, 05:52:44 am by Magmacube_tr »

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2024, 05:42:53 pm »

Been dry on creative juices lately. Managed to make some very minor improvements, but otherwise, nothin'.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2024, 04:48:38 pm »

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
  • The vulture on your shoulder
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2024, 12:51:01 pm »

Gonna integrate your two generators together?

Still, what's the point in making in all of these if you're not gonna do anything with 'em?
Freedom is not a spectrum.
Put me in chains, or stop telling me what to do.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2024, 02:31:39 pm »

Gonna integrate your two generators together?

Still, what's the point in making in all of these if you're not gonna do anything with 'em?

I really have no idea how. Also, the star chart generator got an identity of its own in the days Bay12 forums was down.

There isn't much isn't much of a reason. I am doing these because I am doing these. They just exist.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3