Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: God Interaction / Ascension  (Read 389 times)

DDB

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
God Interaction / Ascension
« on: November 12, 2023, 03:28:06 pm »

Hi - This is mostly an adventure mode suggestion however features could also work in fort mode.

As a long time Adventure mode player, recently playing the steam version made me love the game all so much more however I usually play classic adventure mode.

I’ve always thought the procedural generation of the Gods in the game, as well as their history have always been extremely fascinating. Especially reading through legends mode and seeing gods cursing or blessing humans or even interacting with other gods. My latest play through had me role playing a traveling scholar, wandering the lands and converting cities populations and Nobles to my will and persuading them to think more like me, consistently praying and talking to my God. Think it would be really cool for an adventurer to join the mythical realm and perhaps be added as another god into fort mode, basing off the characters personality / deeds they committed, good or bad.

Don’t think it should be an easy thing nor should you be able to start as one, maybe through martyrdom or reading enough knowledge, or spreading his will everywhere. Anyway I’ve always thought it would blend well in the game (just as another option like becoming a necromancies or wereperson).

DDB

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: God Interaction / Ascension
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2023, 07:30:30 pm »

I kinda missed out on the interaction part. I was thinking something along the lines of gods sometimes favoring a living thing, (could be the player, could be a tortoise-man), and actively interacting, demanding things or sending out to complete “Quests and Activities” somewhere relevant on the world map.

I honestly loved the rumor based missions from Classic adventure mode, it went hand in hand with the fame system of spreading of accomplishments. I loved that those who witnessed the things that happened actually commented and spread about that information. I truly think that an expanded Gods and religion system would make an already alive history and living world an even deeper experience!

Would love to hear peoples thoughts!