Dwarf Fortress > DF Adventure Mode Discussion

Containers. And how to find those friggin people ?!

(1/2) > >>

Narushima:
Looks like a quiver is not considered like a container. Whenever I pick arrows up, they end in my backpack. Too bad.Anyway, here's my totally unrelated question : When you travel through the map and you go to a town, how the fuck are you supposed to know where said town is, if you just appear in the middle of nowhere ? East, West, North, South ? 'Cause really, it ain't funny to just run around for hours, searching for that goddam enormous block of stone.[ October 31, 2007: Message edited by: Narushima ]

BDR:
First bit: Use 'p'; if you can't get the quiver to take your arrows then, there's a bug, but it would admittedly be nice if it did this automatically.Second bit: :/ Unfortunately, running about, referencing your actual position on the world map with T, and hoping you find a dwelling is all you can really do.  I sincerely hope the sprawl goes down in future versions...

Skeeblix:
Human towns seem to spawn you inside the ale hall immediately on entry, but with others you're pretty much screwed and that's something I'd like to see fixed too. While I admit, it adds a lot more merit to your adventures that you actually had to FIND the damn place you're going to, frankly, it's tedious for you as the player to do that every time.[ October 31, 2007: Message edited by: Skeeblix ]

BDR:
AI dwarf fortresses are underground now, which means you are looking for a square surrounded by down arrows rather than a bunch of stone AIR.  Also, elven retreats don't *have* buildings anywhere; the elves just wander here and there and everywhere in the area.  As for human towns, my problem is with having to wander around for a while just to find the armor/weapon shops.

Narushima:
quote:Originally posted by BDR:
<STRONG>First bit: Use 'p'; if you can't get the quiver to take your arrows then, there's a bug, but it would admittedly be nice if it did this automatically.</STRONG>
I did used "p", and the only container available was my backpack.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version