Dwarf Fortress > DF Adventure Mode Discussion

Nomads?

(1/2) > >>

Rob Allen:
While travelling around on the world map a = suddenly appeared on a river, and when I went to it, I found a bunch of humans milling around.  This was not a town, there were no buildings.  In fact, it was right in the middle of elvish territory.When I travelled away, the = dissapeared and the humans were gone.  Are these nomads?  At first I was thinking it was some kind of caravan, but there were no wagons.

Impending Doom:
Yes, they are nomads. Once, I saw an = making it's way across the map to a human town. the town was marked as *. as soon as the migrants reached it, it grew into a #.

Rob Allen:
Ah migrants!  Ok, that makes sense.  Neat new feature too.  So I'm assuming every race has them?  I might have to go see if I can hunt down some kobolds or something...

Kidinnu:
Finding goblin migrants is a really easy way of collecting lots of giant cave spider silk scraps and a bit of combat skill - just pick off the stragglers. They seem to breed, and straggle, faster than I can kill them.

Rob Allen:
If opposing migrants (like elves and goblins) encounter each other is there a battle?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version