Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Lord of the Dark Dominion (SG)  (Read 2971 times)

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
Re: Lord of the Dark Dominion (SG)
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2024, 01:18:48 pm »

My votes:
No, mother didn't die by our hands and we didn't feel the need to, her death was coming anyway.
Loyal figure: the Spymistress Piela. We know from the outset that one of these folks is going to betray us. And the worst one to get betrayed by is probably either the veteran or the spymaster, and I'm more worried about the spymaster.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2024, 01:23:03 pm »

Uh, probably "no" and "not really because it would make the succession even more problematic than it would inevitably be anyway and patience is a virtue even for the very evil" and how about a Spymistress? If we're going to be evil not getting assassinated seems pretty useful.

And since I didn't actually post this I see that this is more of a +1 but good enough.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2024, 01:39:22 pm »

Yes. She deserved that much kindness, under the circumstances.
Cruelty is for your enemies, not your own family, if they didn't cross you. Your decisive mercy that day is also part of the reason why A your brother has always looked up to you and continues to be your biggest fan.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2024, 09:01:28 pm »

Cruelty is for your enemies, not your own family, if they didn't cross you. Your decisive mercy that day is also part of the reason why A your brother has always looked up to you and continues to be your biggest fan.

+ 1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2024, 01:55:18 am »

A. It was tradition, and who goes against such vaunted custom? To kill your parent and ensure that their legacy remains good and noble...that is the best thing a child can do for them. It would be filial blasphemy to allow them to reach old age and allow their realm to fall to the rule of senility and conniving regents.

B. After all, he was the one that held your mother's guards at bay. As is tradition.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2024, 02:54:56 am »

My votes:
No, mother didn't die by our hands and we didn't feel the need to, her death was coming anyway.
Loyal figure: the Spymistress Piela. We know from the outset that one of these folks is going to betray us. And the worst one to get betrayed by is probably either the veteran or the spymaster, and I'm more worried about the spymaster.
+1

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2024, 02:19:34 pm »

+1
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2024, 04:04:49 am »

+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2024, 04:45:14 pm »

"How many?"

"Nearly all the Ironsworn," The Spymistress purses her mouth. She's a wizened crone, her dark robes swallowing her frail frame, but her dark eyes remain steady on you.Piela is as wicked as can be found, but she always had a soft spot for you and your brother.

Said brother leans forward. He's still young, a wisp of beard coming in, but he always had your back through any fights or plots. He saved your life the night before, stabbing one would be assassin in the back while shouting loud enough to wake the dead.

"Call up the warbands, and send the riders. We can stop and destroy them before they join up with our dear cousin in the hills," Avul says, his eyes angry.

You shake your head. "We could, but even in victory our forces would be devastated. Lothel must be confident in this to be so brazen in his treachery," You reply, clenching your fists.

The Ironsworn were the Voldrung's best elite cadre of warriors, handpicked veterans and slayers equipped in the finest enchanted plate and sworn binding oaths to serve the Voldrung's lord. Their defection is... devastating to your legitimacy while also swinging the quality advantage decisively to your cousins side. You can't win this through direct conflict.

"What are my options?" You ask plainly.

"The oaths they have sworn will make them hesitant to attack you and yours, especially unprovoked. Once any viable contender for the Voldrung lordship is removed, they will return to service." Vial, your sorceress, chimes in from the lounge she claimed in the corner of the room.

"The lesser clans will be a concern." Piela adds. "They will hear of this and wonder which of you will win out. If we can get them committed to us, that will be a great aid.:

"Her family is in Cold's Falls, we can kill or take them as hostages." Avul says, earning a raised brow from the others.

"Certainly possible," Piela nods, "In any case we should expect her to be knocking on the gates of the city soon. We have the city and the throne, time will erode away her support. She will be forced to take action, and soon. We need to be ready."

You turn and overlook your city. Smoke drifts up from a thousand hearths, and the dark walls stretch high above those. Your domain, thousands of souls underneath your banner and raised sword. Built by blood and steel.

You will protect what you have taken. 

Choose 2 actions. As of now you are militarily overmatched, and a field battle would not go in your favor. What do you do?

A. Purge your court of dissenters:
Use this time of crises to solidify the court's loyalty to you.

B. Kidnap the rebel's family: Send your brother and a warband to ensure the safety of the other side of your family. Will likely enrage your rival Theila.

C. Rally the lesser clans: Call upon the oaths of allegiance to gather warbands to your name. You will have to negotiate with some of them, but they could provide enough manpower to bring you equal to the rebel army.

D. Defense of the City: Long have the Voldrung's walls held, but it could do with a checkup with your sorceress. Will make your city more resistant to a siege, and dangerous to storm.

E. Forge an alliance with a fellow Dark Lord: Choose one of the starting great families to make an alliance. Your terms will be a little lopsided in their favor.

F. Write in!

Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2024, 04:54:00 pm »

Leaning toward B and C.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2024, 02:24:50 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2024, 01:32:03 pm »

Carrion birds wheel above, dark shapes stark against the clear blue sky. It is barely a week since your cornation, and you assemble your warband for your tour while Avul prepares to set off. He is clad in dark plate, engraved with gold. A snarling wolf adorns his head. He claps your arm, pulling you in tight.

"Good luck, brother."

The night before you both had stood on the curtain wall of the keep. Your guards, fully armed and armored in blackened mail, kept a watchful distance as screams drifted over. It was a night of knives, as Piela sent her assassins and agents after rebel sympathizers and spies. He warned you then, that as fond as Piela was of you both, she was far fonder of your mother. If Piela discovered the slow-acting poison you gave your mother before she departed. . .you expect you would be in some trouble. You cleaned up as best you could, and she had plenty of other tasks and little reason to sniff after a disappeared poisonmaker.

Avul's warband of slayers and killers trots out of the gate, a hundred or so men and women perfect for a daring raid. Your own would be a similar size, but made up of solid veterans.Your goal was to impress them with the tradition and martial power of the Voldrungs, not kill them after all.

Deep in the castle lies the personal armory of the Voldrungs. Enchanted arms and armors, trophies from battles with the Summer Kingdom and God Kings both adorn the walls.

Here you choose what you will take with you:

Armor:
-Sealight Mail:
A light and glittering mail, taken from the Water Elves as a trophey. Nearly unbreakable, it is perfect for quick movement while not sacrafing protection.  Taken by your mother into battle, now worn by your rebel cousin.

-Plate of Midnight: The original, forged by the dwarves for the kings of war. Enchanted with the soul of a god from below, it grants strength and power to its wearer. The metal, dark as night, seems to swirl as you look at it. It allows the bearer to wield even massive weapons with one hand.

Weapons: Pick 2!

-Dawnfall: A bastard sword.
Forged form the metal of a comet that was split between the great lords. Few things can withstand its cut. Able to wielded with one hand or both.

-Serpent's Bite and Scale: A sword and shield. Enhanced sword that rots the flesh of those it cuts, and a shield that is near unbreakable. Taken by your mother into battle, now wielded by your rebel cousin.

-Vampire's Axe: A large red battleaxe. While a fearsome axe in its own right, as it kills it drains the life force of its victims to heal and rejuvenate the wielder.

-Skullcrusher: A massive warhammer. A warhammer that unnaturally accelerates with every swing, smashing foes and even gates with ease.

-Saint's Poleaxe:  A stout poleaxe, shines with a golden light. Taken from a Named Hero from the Summer Kingdom. A versitle weapon, it also radiates hope and courage to your allies.

- Eagle's Talon: A flying dagger. Animated by spellcraft, this dagger responds to your mental commands and can fly through the air, hunting targets. IT does require concentration, however.

-Write in! Only vote for one write in option. If you go firearms, limited to a single shot arquebus that is not replicable. You can also go for a weird magical artifact if you wish. Or even go with a different armor.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2024, 02:40:57 pm »

Lets take Dawnfall.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4