Dwarf Fortress > DF Adventure Mode Discussion

Do whips still suck?

(1/6) > >>

Rob Allen:
Are whips any good?  I seem to remember in the last version I played I could never make them very useful.

Capntastic:
They do a lot of painful damage, but not much actual killing unless you get lucky and tear out some body parts.   Which is realistic.

Rob Allen:
Hmm, so more of a secondary weapon then?  Hmmm... Might want to try some 2-weapon combos...  Stick a sword in em, let it go and then whip em until they die.  Meh, I think I'll just stick to wrestling for causing pain.

Dae:
It's a shame wa can't fight with an axe in one hand and a hammer in the other one.
Would be great.

Sean Mirrsen:
I was kinda thinking....  turns out we CAN fight with, say, and axe and a hammer. And, unlike fighting with two hammers, or maces, it actually has a purpose.If one of your weapons gets stuck while you're fighting a mob of opponents, and the opponent in whom the weapon is stuck passes out, you can resume bashing others without spending a turn to retrieve the weapon. Not much of a reason to carry around extra weight, but it will let your axeman counterstrike against a lot of opponents easier, worrying less about one of the weapons getting stuck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version