Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to Make a selected unit historical figure using DFhack 47.05  (Read 799 times)

Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been wondering for a while if there is some script or plugin that makes the selected unit in df adventure mode (and maybe fortress too) a historical figure and makes it show up in legends mode. Or a script that makes all people who belong to sites historical figures (I know it would be laggy and may cause crashes but i still want to try it). If anyone knows a way to do/make this, I would appreciate if one of you shared a way on how to do this.   

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
Re: How to Make a selected unit historical figure using DFhack 47.05
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2024, 04:12:35 pm »

I've been wondering for a while if there is some script or plugin that makes the selected unit in df adventure mode (and maybe fortress too) a historical figure and makes it show up in legends mode.

Not really, I don't think.

modtools/create-unit.lua has a function named createFigure() that has a lot of logic for creating a valid historical figure from a unit that doesn't already have one.  It's part of nemesis creation, and isn't exposed for you to invoke separately.

lua/makeown.lua has similar logic in the make_citizen() function.  Again, it's not exposed.

modtools/moddable-gods.lua creates a historical figure for the new god, but it doesn't look as relevant.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2024, 08:23:35 pm »

Any (named?) creature an adventurer talks to becomes a histfig, all player fortress citizens are always histfigs, and visitors (not all invaders) are also.

Why though? Specifically, what would be the point of making everyone at a world gen site a histfig?
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2024, 07:06:58 am »

Idk just sounded interesting to me, i wanted to record every creature in a site and view it in legends mode and export an xml and view it