Dwarf Fortress > DF Community Games & Stories

Gateheaven: Building the largest world conquest generational fort series

(1/36) > >>

Maloy:
Welcome to the Ageless World! Its chock full to the brim with hundreds of monsters and titans. Stuffed with elves, goblins and the living dead! We're going to conquer this oversized world and bring the age of the dwarf!

Our people were driven to extinction by the elves and humans! It's time for some sweet revenge!

This world is all about grand scale and epic proportions and so there's only a few rules.

Rules:
1.Every dwarf is to be named so we can track their family deeds across generations
2.One week turns, but you can use as much in-game time as you wanna use!
3.Don't hold back. This world is stuffed with threats and so there is absolutely no need to hold back or put in restricting rules for players! Break the world!

Turn order:
Kesperan
Otto_K
Maloy
Neblime
Salmeuk

Original text:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)*Polling for interest or if this is even possible for most players computers*

What do we think about generating a world where civilization, megabeast, semi-mega, werecurse, demons, necromancer, etc are all set to extraordinarily high limits on the largest possible world?
Then we pick the civilization that is the worst off and we play them to eventually conquer the whole world?

The Goal:
-Build a fortress or series of fortresses that naturally see multiple generations live in throughout our playing
-At the same time work to take over the world without having to force ourselves to slow down(thus the world size)
-No in-game time limit on your turn so we can cover as much ground as we need

For added enjoyability require every dwarf to be named uniquely so when we are looking at the family tree of their great grand-children it is easier to figure out the long epic saga of that particular family
high number of monsters and such is so we don't run out of !Fun! halfway through the project; which has happened to me before.

My story of an attempt at this:
[spoiler]
I generated a world just like this and found a dwarf civ of all purple eyed dwarves who unleashed the clown apocalypse on themselves in world gen while also being surrounded by two goblin civs who had 50k+ populations. We picked up in a volcano for endless forging. Our food source was a beak dog farm from our raiding and merchants brought us all the alcohol we needed, although we did occasionally produce our own. To take out one civilization my army reached close to 1000 kills per-dwarf and we built literal highways from the melted gear of our enemies and then metal pillars of the same to create a roofed roadway. After first civ was defeated I sent an adventurer to go and find the slab of the other one's master and then used it to bind him and forced him to join us to help destroy his own civilization. It was epic seeing the named children of my named dwarves picking up the gear of their parents and continuing on the legacy!

AvolitionBrit:
I love this idea

BarlowJack:
I assume participation would require some higher end machines?

Maloy:

--- Quote from: BarlowJack on January 26, 2024, 12:58:13 pm ---I assume participation would require some higher end machines?

--- End quote ---

possibly? When I tried it was on my outdated and garbage work laptop. I'd pause the game, queue up tasks, unpause and then tab over to my office work and check in later lol

I reloaded same world on my gaming pc and it ran with no problems.
But it doesn't have to be as large a world as I played. especially if that prevents anyone from playing!

If it's so large of a scale that only like three of us can play, but 10 people are interested we can see how much we can scale down. If that makes sense?

Maloy:
I could also try to see if people on other dwarf fortress sites are interested joining

but I'm not sure where other people go to start community fortresses? I look on steam and reddit and don't find any such posts

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version