Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Welcome to the Afterlife!  (Read 3488 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to the Afterlife!
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2024, 12:33:07 pm »

(Yep!)

What is your appearance? An extremely small, very ugly demon most might mistake for an imp.
What was your death? I'm not sure I've died yet.  If I have, I don't remember.
What was your crime? I kind of remember being made wrong; I'm an insult to the far, far greater demonic power that created me because I'm not what an imp should be; not evil, and an insult just because I exist.  I also kind of remember being or having been a human, and an anti-nihilist, but that seems like a dream to me and I have no idea how that could be a crime.
What is your sentence/punishment? I think I have to hide from my creator, who is coming to 'correct' their mistake and remove the blemish to their honor my existence is.  But I'm not sure of that, and I'm really confused and scared.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2024, 03:39:38 pm »

Did I do something wrong with my application?  I don't see it in the turn and I never got an explicit refusal. 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2024, 04:04:30 pm »

(I accidently forgot yours)
(Fixed it)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 05:25:32 pm by Crystalizedmire »
she/her

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2024, 05:38:44 pm »

Turn 1
"A Trap!? Regardless of where I end up, I shall NEVER be defeated so easily!"

Quickly, use my robotic arm to break into the elevators buttons, this is some sort of death trap, surley...if I can do that, rewire the system so the saws wont spin or activate, disabling the threat!
4 + 1
You succeed in breaking into the elevator buttons and cause the elevator door to open again. Outside is the white void that you started in complete with the receptionist's desk. Before you could move, the guard grabs your body.
4 + 3 vs 2
The guard successfully grabs you and you can barely struggle. "Honestly, don't try to escape. You guys always lose," the guard whispered in a low raspy voice.
Spoiler: Megamonkey's (click to show/hide)
Appearance: An immense dragon with a green body and blue wings.
What was your death: Some foolish sorceress with a massive army of cloned troops.
What was your crime? Leading the conspiracy against the crown, arranging jail-breaks, formenting rebellion, and stealing the Scepter of Order.
What is your sentence/punishment? To quest endlessly for something that doesn't exist, in a land where everything is renewed perfectly each morning.
Spoiler: Devastator's (click to show/hide)
Inside the elevator was green grass and very far away are forests. The sky is blue and clear and the sun shines upon you. As the elevator closes, what do you do?
Advance Diagonally.
You advanced diagonally, like a bishop. The elevator door opens and you see a long hallway. The guard grabs your arm.
7+3 vs 3
And you two walk out of the elevator.
Spoiler: Crazyabe's (click to show/hide)
Not much else to do but wait and see where the elevator takes me.
You wait and the elevator door opens and outside was a hallway. The guard grabs you.
2+3 vs 6
You managed to evade them by dodging into the nearest wall. "Hopefully you don't try to escape. Trust me, it's more trouble than it's worth." the guard walks into the hallway and beckons you to follow.
Spoiler: King Zultan's (click to show/hide)
Try and burn the water drops.
6+5
You managed to somehow start a fire and managed to burn the water with it. But, this causes the elevator to explode. Your consciousness fades and you're face to face with an agent working in the death
department again. This one is a multi-coloured snake. The snake looms over a board of snakes and ladders. "No worries if you do try this game of sssnakesss and laddersss. Other agentsss of death may punish you and record it under your criminal record but I'm not like that. I like sssnakesss and laddersss! But don't try to cheat or elssse..." the snake hissed.
Spoiler: Tricmagic's (click to show/hide)
(Yep!)

What is your appearance? An extremely small, very ugly demon most might mistake for an imp.
What was your death? I'm not sure I've died yet.  If I have, I don't remember.
What was your crime? I kind of remember being made wrong; I'm an insult to the far, far greater demonic power that created me because I'm not what an imp should be; not evil, and an insult just because I exist.  I also kind of remember being or having been a human, and an anti-nihilist, but that seems like a dream to me and I have no idea how that could be a crime.
What is your sentence/punishment? I think I have to hide from my creator, who is coming to 'correct' their mistake and remove the blemish to their honor my existence is.  But I'm not sure of that, and I'm really confused and scared.
Spoiler: Imp's (click to show/hide)
You hide in a hidden corner of the elevator. There is just you and the guard creature(who is not a demon). Suddenly, the elevator door opens. What do you do?

To BlackPaladin99: I put your character sheet and starting scenario in the turn 0 post.
she/her

Megam0nkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2024, 06:02:00 pm »

“Woe is me! I appear to have been foiled by hell itself! Curse you, curse you to the end of infinity!”

As he shout his practiced evil failure monologue, pretending to have been bested quickly rewire and invent a button as I reassemble the elevator controls…to make the sawblade fire into the hell guardians head while spinning, for maximum pain and suffering to my enemies on this elevator! Do this sneakily, so I am not further pinned to the floor!

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2024, 06:54:58 pm »

I put my left arm in the lava, and, once it regenerates, I try to jump to the skull.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 11:58:30 am by BlackPaladin99 »
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2024, 06:57:18 pm »

I just realized I didn't finish the char sheet and the scenario. Sorry
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2024, 08:48:20 pm »

You hide in a hidden corner of the elevator. There is just you and the guard creature(who is not a demon). Suddenly, the elevator door opens. What do you do?

I'm the only demon currently present?  And there's a guard creature, which I'm confused enough to think might actually protect this general area.  This seems pretty good.  I keep hiding in this hidden corner, and think happy thoughts about architects that actually make hidden corners for their elevators.  Not all builders are that kind and forward-thinking!  This is either one heck of a bad trap actually designed for me, or I've already got it made.

I don't quite 'relax', but I come as close to it as a shell-shocked, knows-it-is-hunted, too-weak-for-its-own-good imp can, watching everything especially that guard creature.  If it has to fight something, maybe I can help it or escape while it does!

I stay hidden in my hidden corner as I try to relax/keepwatch/relax/keepwatch/calmly fret.

Edited to add, is art okay?  I imagine the elevator with a 'hidden corner' and the door opening might look like this (didn't add the non-demon guard creature, because too many possible appearances there)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And the imp perched in the hidden corner it found, trying to be utterly stil and simultaneously watch and relax.

I don't think any of the details are 'real', CM's word is law and should just overwrite anything as the story continues.  Just... trying to be artistic and engaged :)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2024, 09:19:44 pm by Imp »
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2024, 12:20:38 am »

Roar defiance to the heavens.  I will return.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2024, 11:58:47 am »

Action edited

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2024, 12:34:05 am »

What is your appearance? Blank.
What was your death? Crush by rock.
What was your crime? Nothing in particular.
What is your sentence/punishment? Crush by rock.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2024, 02:58:30 am »

"When do I get to go back to my spot, people are probably there right now stealing all my stuff!"
Keep following this guy.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2024, 03:41:25 pm »

Turn 2
“Woe is me! I appear to have been foiled by hell itself! Curse you, curse you to the end of infinity!”

As he shout his practiced evil failure monologue, pretending to have been bested quickly rewire and invent a button as I reassemble the elevator controls…to make the sawblade fire into the hell guardians head while spinning, for maximum pain and suffering to my enemies on this elevator! Do this sneakily, so I am not further pinned to the floor!
1+1
You fail to sneakily rewire the button and the guard notices you trying.
8+3 vs 5
The guard puts a hand on your head and snaps the neck immediately. You wake up and you're face to face with an agent of death. He wields a scythe and wears a black cloak. Though his face is covered by his hood but the hand holding the scythe is skeletal. In front of him is a chessboard. "Mind a game of chess? You win, you live. I win, I have your soul. Don't play? That's fine," the reaper said.
Spoiler: Megamonkey's (click to show/hide)
I put my left arm in the lava, and, once it regenerates, I try to jump to the skull.
You put your hand in the lava but only part of it is destroyed. The elevator door opens and the guard tries to grab you.
3+3 vs 2
They pull you out of the elevator and into the hallway.
Spoiler: Black Paladin's (click to show/hide)

And the imp perched in the hidden corner it found, trying to be utterly stil and simultaneously watch and relax.

I don't think any of the details are 'real', CM's word is law and should just overwrite anything as the story continues.  Just... trying to be artistic and engaged :)[/spoiler]
As you wait, the elevator door opens and you get a glimpse of what is outside. Outside was a nice cozy void and you can barely make out a desk. The thing entering the elevator was a creature about the size of you. It has long whiskers and two ears.
Spoiler: Imp's (click to show/hide)
Roar defiance to the heavens.  I will return.
You roar to where you think the sky is but it only echoes back at you. The elevator door opens and the guard leads you outside of it. Outside of the elevator, was a long and narrow hallway in which you could barely move.
Spoiler: Devastator's (click to show/hide)
What is your appearance? Blank.
What was your death? Crush by rock.
What was your crime? Nothing in particular.
What is your sentence/punishment? Crush by rock.
Spoiler: Egan's (click to show/hide)
Inside the elevator is the familiar and cozy white void of outside. As the elevator door closes, what do you do?
"When do I get to go back to my spot, people are probably there right now stealing all my stuff!"
Keep following this guy.
You follow the guard for a while. They open a door labeled: e2.34485. Inside was a city without any life what so ever and the sky was as grey as the buildings. Before you could do anything, the guard pushes you inside and closes the door.
Spoiler: King Zultan's (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 03:59:15 pm by Crystalizedmire »
she/her

Megam0nkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2024, 04:02:14 pm »

"By "Live" Do you mean live in what I can only presume was hell, or back on Earth. Because if I am in hell, and likeley to go there either way...would it not be simpler to give me something better, say, going back to earth, or perhaps getting a better position within hell?

Well barganing, glance around the room, see if theres anything useful for me.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2024, 05:30:22 pm »

I bide my time going through the small hallway.  My escape plan does not involve resistance at this moment.
Pages: 1 [2] 3