Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to make the caravan not come at all?  (Read 1163 times)

DWARFFRAWD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to make the caravan not come at all?
« on: February 13, 2024, 08:50:15 am »

By any chance, [USE_ANY_PET_RACE] Using this phrase, can i make the caravan not come at all?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to make the caravan not come at all?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2024, 01:21:34 pm »

Are you specifically talking about modding the game so your own civilization does not send caravans, or something else like stopping all forms of outsider trade?

Quote from: I do not want my civilization to send me trade via RAW modding
Straightfowardly, you can use [ANIMAL] arguements in the entity's entry, and apply the opposite arguements to creatures that can pack-animal or be used to send out caravans.

[ANIMAL] tags are always overrides, allowing creatures to do roles they are not meant to in the raws so long as it is controlled by the AI civ (war chickens, cave dragons for pets, etc).  What [ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PRESENT] does, is make sure every time they make a site, they populate it with these animals.

Spoiler: "Code Example" (click to show/hide)

Quote from: I do not want 'other' civilizations to send me trade
Re-applying the [ANIMAL] arguements might work for your purposes with consequences for playing on other fortresses, but alternative solution can be to make your own modded civilization different to the others by the use of [BABYSNATCHER] making you friends with the goblins who do not send caravans anyway, or [SKULKING] to hide away entirely with the kobolds.

Advanced methods might include looking into DFhack's hermit mode (or ways to manipulate relations so you are always negative with everyone, tricks done via scripts.)

If you need any more help understanding tokens, the full list of tokens for entities can be found on the DFwiki (below)
<https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Entity_token#ANIMAL_NEVER_WAGON_PULLER>

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2024, 08:34:51 pm »

Not sure if this is what you mean but,

In the entity raw there are lines about when trade caravans arrive, if you remove all of them, im pretty sure it stops them, havnt tested it but its a thought.

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2024, 01:10:58 am »

I just found out very recently if you take away common pack animals,common domestics the trade caravans do not ever come only a diplomat.