Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can you no longer start with the mechanic skill?  (Read 1307 times)

Squirrelloid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Can you no longer start with the mechanic skill?
« on: February 18, 2024, 04:09:00 pm »

It's been awhile.  Bought the steam version to support the creators. Trying to custom my starting dwarves, and I can't find the mechanic skill?  Is there still a mechanic skill? Can you not start with it for some reason?

(Also, of all the things they could have improved, telling you which traits benefit which skills right in the interface somewhere would have been nice, maybe a mouse-over.  Guess I need to go cross-reference the wiki anyway.)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Can you no longer start with the mechanic skill?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2024, 04:41:07 pm »

There's a set of tabs in the top right. Looks like it's under the "Labor" tab instead of "Crucial".

It's weird that "Mason" is under "Crucial", because it hardly does anything anymore.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Squirrelloid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2024, 05:09:27 pm »

There's a set of tabs in the top right. Looks like it's under the "Labor" tab instead of "Crucial".

It's weird that "Mason" is under "Crucial", because it hardly does anything anymore.

I think I'm going to need like an hour with the wiki before I can even play again...

So just so I'm clear: the current Mason is the old Architect?  Stone Carver is the old Mason?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 05:17:29 pm by Squirrelloid »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2024, 07:06:51 pm »

So just so I'm clear: the current Mason is the old Architect?  Stone Carver is the old Mason?

Yeah, and Stonecutter is smoothing.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

TheBeardyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2024, 05:53:38 am »

Yeah, and Stonecutter is smoothing.
Stonecutter also includes making stone blocks in the Stoneworker's workshop. Stone Carver is only for making stone furniture in the Stoneworker's workshop.