Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: (47.05) How do I force someone out of their false identity to fufill a quest?  (Read 1407 times)

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile

TLDR, saved distressed goblin maiden from dwarf hillocks, journeyed accross the ends of the earth, spent about 4 hours trying to find her sister who she wanted to be dropped off with (nobody else worked) and after deep diving with DFHack it turns out her sister was a random dancer I encountered under a psuedonym. How do I get her to reveal her true identity so persumably her sister knows its her?

Here is link to the save file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eQklRxKobaPic3Pe50nLZcxxHmTpNYbO/view?usp=sharing
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I'm not sure why they aren't automatically reuniting. They are both using false identities; I tried body swapping into them with DFHack and switching to their real identities, but it didn't seem to make a difference. Or it might be that the automatic reuniting only happens with kidnapped kids. Then, I tired just ending the agreement, but it said it concluded "on a whim", so not the desired result. (Though, Bosa then performed a music piece with her sister and the bard.)

This is probably also complicated by the fact that bodyswapping to Ngokang and back to Cog makes Bosa a full companion that you can now control directly. (And bodyswapping in general is not some thing the game always reacts to well.)

Checking the tell story menu, and stories Cog can tell about Bosa, she led the attack that resulted in her imprisonment. But the year before that, she visited Chewedhell, then married a Zolak Crushflies and also settled in Paintstolen. I might try to find Zolak next.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cut to the chase and checked legends. Oh, Zolak ded (in a civil war attack apparently). Parents too. There's 4 former spouses alive, but they seem unlikely to satisfy the quest.

Hmm, the civil war in the Torment of Driving involving Bosa's home of Paintstolen might not be helping. That might be why Bosa assumed an identity. The site she led the attack on and got imprisoned at is dwarven, so probably not an issue.

There's another living sister Amxu Flickervice, appears to be in Catcarried, member of Mobs of Yelling (performance troupe, founding member), Shadow of Panting (Catcarried group), Sect of Oceans (dwarven religion, god of salt), no current civ so likely running around naked.

There's a lover Dostngosp Nightmareworshiped (listed twice?) who is wierd, described as one of the first of his kind, but no history before 247, and only relation is Bosa and deities. (REVEAL_ALL_HISTORY=NO maybe?) Might live in Nightmaresieged. Also a member of the civil warring Torment of Driving.

Cog doesn't know that Amxu, Catcarried, or Dostngosp exist, but does know Nightmaresieged. But who knows if a lover would satisfy the quest, and if it's the civil war causing this, that would likely also be a problem with him.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.