Dwarf Fortress > DF Gameplay Questions

Cleaning up Deadly Dust

(1/2) > >>

Enemjay:
In the DF wiki on the Spoiler (click to show/hide)Demon page under the 'Clean-up' section they describe the danger of deadly dust littering a battlefield.

* Does this stuff cover the surface forever unless cleaned or does it disappear eventually?
* Does flooding a room and draining it erase the dust?
* Does water that comes into contact with deadly dust get contaminated?

Bumber:

--- Quote from: Enemjay on March 19, 2024, 06:04:23 pm ---Does this stuff cover the surface forever unless cleaned or does it disappear eventually?

--- End quote ---

I think secretions remain on the ground, not dust? (FB page mentions dust is like a cave-in, though dust coverings do sound familiar.) Rain can clean contaminants, otherwise they won't disappear on their own.

Flooding with water will multiply it (unless that info is out of date.) The water will become contaminated, but I don't think the syndromes are triggered by ingesting, which would make it equivalent to muddy water. Mist and magma will probably clean it.

Tomsod:
IIRC procedural syndromes usually have all four trigger types set, including "ingested".  Your best bet is probably to lock a few dwarves wearing boots inside the fouled room until they deign to clean it (make sure the labor is enabled).

EDIT: then dump the boots into magma just to be safe.

anewaname:
If there is just a small amount that you are worried about, a tile will be cleaned if you construct something there (a floor is a good choice), and remain cleaned if you remove the construction.

Tomsod:
Oh, that's right!  I think smoothing the floor also works, not sure about walls though.  But it's still important to check for boots and to keep (barefoot) animals away until done.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version