Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Touchpad scrolling improvement

(1/2) > >>

JasonMel:
I would love to see the touchpad supported better by making use of multi-finger (really, in my case, only two-finger) gestures, which I use as much as I use the mouse wheel while mousing. Two-finger gestures should scroll lists like the mouse wheel, and there should be such a gesture for panning the various maps as well, probably the same two-finger gesture except in two dimensions.

JasonMel:
Currently, any two-fingered gesture causes the camera to zoom into the sky like a rocket. At least on my system.

A_Curious_Cat:
For starters, see Toady One's reply to my and Mr. Crabman's questions near the end of this FoTF.

That being said, I agree that the ability to use gestures involving two or more fingers on trackpads that support it would be very useful.

JasonMel:
Hmm. Thanks for digging this up. Looks like SDL doesn't have a category for touchpad support at https://wiki.libsdl.org/SDL2/APIByCategory. Darn.

Telgin:
I'd settle for just fixing two-finger scrolling with touchpads.  Something definitely broke with the SDL2 update regarding that, since before then it worked fine.  Still works fine with a mouse wheel, but no matter how I bind the controls two-finger scrolling causes lists to scroll haphazardly or jump to the top regardless of which way I scroll.

Not sure I'd use any other gestures.  I never learned to use touchpad gestures at all past scrolling or pinch zooming.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version