Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Adventurer succesion game  (Read 11779 times)

4bh0r53n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/index.php?c=1&mforum=abhorsengames
Adventurer succesion game
« on: August 17, 2007, 08:20:00 am »

Basically the idea is that you play for 2 days, and work your way through as
The Better Updated List of Adventurers:
4bh0r53n
Gaulgath
Savok
Spelguru
Reign on your Parade
Mayday
Lightning4
Been
Sowelu
Sylverone
Sarpedon
Kaenori Kiko <-
Ben7el
Ancient Whale

[edit] updated the list here

I will start with "Abhorsen Fancyruled" The human of Cadopesor:

[ October 05, 2007: Message edited by: 4bh0r53n ]

.B.H.O.R.S.E.N.: Abhorrent, Bloodthirsty, Hitchhiker-Obliterating Ravager from the Sunless Enchanted Necropolis

I dont explode Cats, its way to hard to coax them into the microwave...

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer succesion game
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 08:23:00 am »

Interesting idea. When you say "Two days" you mean RL days, correct? Otherwise that doesn't give you a lot of time.

Either way, I'm in!  :D

4bh0r53n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 08:26:00 am »

yep, RL days
.B.H.O.R.S.E.N.: Abhorrent, Bloodthirsty, Hitchhiker-Obliterating Ravager from the Sunless Enchanted Necropolis

4bh0r53n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 08:46:00 am »

Diary entry no1:
I have managed to recruit a swordsman and a drunk to help me, hopefully they wont die too soon...
I am headed towards a ruin called "Planescreams" to hunt down some undead

Diary Entry no2:
I have reached planescreams, and fortunately i cant hear any screaming-
-yet.
I can see figures moving in the distance, i cant quite make them out, i am heading towards them...

Diary Entry no3:
Am in a brief respite from the undead hoards. The drunk died, attacked by several zombies. My fellow swordsman is also a bit worse for wear:

I am ok, just a bit tired and one of those skeleton's has managed to bruise my spleen...

4bh0r53n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 08:56:00 am »

unfortunately, that was his last diary entry, the skeletons returned and he stayed to try and protect his friend, but to no avail...

My next adventurer:
An elf of Libaricote called "Nisa Snakesinches"

4bh0r53n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 09:09:00 am »

Entry 1:
I have recruited a fellow bowman to help me slay the nearby goblins...

Entry 2:
On our journey we were ambushed by a cougar, which was swiftly put in its place...
We have arrived at the dark fortress of Menacefroth, what lies inside we wonder.

Entry 3: As we entered the fortress, i opted to skulk in the shadows, my companion however just walked in and opened fire... He was killed very swiftfully and painfully. I am writing this hiding in a dark corner of the castle i have found a stack of coins and a staue which i think must have come from a shrine:

4bh0r53n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 09:45:00 am »

Entry 4:
I have got out of that place of evil, and have a bag of loot. i managed to struggle my way back to civilisation, and have found myself 2 more allies for the next adventure.

Entry 5:
The next goblin fortress i will be visiting is "Poisonpraerie"...

Unfortunately, that fortress was to be Nisa's undoing as he had accouted for the goblins, but failed to notice the troll that climbed the stairs behind him...

Savok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 09:58:00 am »

I'd like to sign up.

This sounds boring at first, but once the world is filled with dead adventurers, we'll have a lot of fun!

Suggestions:
If you deliberatly kill an adventurer, your session is ignored.
If you are really stupid (e.g. try to slaughter a purple goblin fortress with a naked mid-level adventurer), your session is ignored.
Could you remove the image in the first post or put it underneath the list of players?
Save the files as .png files. They will look better and take up less file space.

[ August 17, 2007: Message edited by: Savok ]

So sayeth the Wiki Loremaster!

Haedrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 10:35:00 am »

Why on earth did you give him ambusher skill? O_o
When life gives you kittens, make biscuits

Likes llamas for their long necks

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2007, 11:52:00 am »

I figure maybe the idea should be to try to keep the charsacter alive, but taking on ever more difficult tasks? That way you don't get a bunch of dead nobodies.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

4bh0r53n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2007, 01:14:00 pm »

quote:
by Savok
Suggestions:
If you deliberatly kill an adventurer, your session is ignored.
If you are really stupid (e.g. try to slaughter a purple goblin fortress with a naked mid-level adventurer), your session is ignored

there is no need to ignore sessions as a session goes on for a fixed time, and since no-one will be using that adventurer, why would it matter if they died? and as each person will be likely to get through a number of adventurers, you cant really ignore them.

I agree with your ideas Mayday, but sometimes your character will be attacked by something you hadnt counted for: The troll in the goblin Fortress for instance (the first fortress i went to was only populated by goblins)

Savok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2007, 03:44:00 pm »

Alright, but I still would like to know if:
Could you remove the image in the first post or put it underneath the list of players?
Save the files as .png files. They will look better and take up less file space.
So sayeth the Wiki Loremaster!

Spelguru

• Bay Watcher
  • Rabid Swedish Person
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2007, 05:39:00 am »

Sign me up, yo!
Got Ninja?
Orkz Orkz Orkz Orkz, Orkz Orkz Orkz Orkz... WAAAAAGH!
NHP (Non human pact. Copy and paste if you are going to destroy all human-like creatures in spore.)

4bh0r53n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2007, 11:59:00 am »

Here is the save: save

apologies for this being late and i only played through 2 characters, but i have had a very busy weekend.

[edit] the save file here contains two saved worlds as i cant remember which world i created the adventurer on...

[ August 20, 2007: Message edited by: 4bh0r53n ]

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2007, 02:35:00 pm »

Alright, downloading now.

EDIT:
The Trials of Nilun Hidedragon, Human Axemen

Day One
I have decided to write down my adventures for those who it might interest. With any hope, it will land myself a name in the history books. That is all I have ever wanted, honestly. To defeat the bonds of this mortal coil and be called a hero for centuries to come. The world needs someone. Minotaurs and goblins run rampant, and the kings hide behind their stone walls. It will be me, and me alone, who saves the world! I have practiced for many months, and now I'm ready to face this world:

I decide I will do a favor for the mayor of this town to start my journey. I find him consorting with... drunks! The scum of this world! Regardless, I must go on and talk to the man.

"H-hello. My name is... Ni-ni-ni-" I stutter nervously.
"Ni?! Ni?! Get on with it lad!" he yells.
"Nilu Hidedragon! I'm, uh... here to... h-h-help you!"
"Well, thank Armok! The Garnish council has a target they have been begging me to... well, 'dispose' of. An Ettin in a cave called 'Martyrhell'  It's a days travel to the west, you can't miss it."
"How's that?" I question.
"Oh, it's only covered in dead bodies and severed limbs!"

I stare at him, shocked.

"Hehehehe! A little joke lad! We actually haven't sent any of our troops against it. They are all lazy bastards. Look around, maybe you'll find someone who can help ye out!"

I nod, and leave the mead hall. Certainly there is another brave warrior willing to help rid the world of evil?

I just found a brave swordsmen by the name of Pabat. He said he'd be glad to help.

We were just attacked by a lion on our journey outside the town. With one swipe of my axe, I cut its stomach open! Wait... I think I hear another one-

The rest of the journal is empty, its pages soaked through with blood. Nimu's body was found a few feet away from it, his upper body torn to pieces and two dying lions nearby.

[ August 20, 2007: Message edited by: Gaulgath ]

[ August 20, 2007: Message edited by: Gaulgath ]

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10