Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Adventurer succesion game  (Read 11775 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer succesion game
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2007, 07:59:00 am »

This thread is pretty funny.
Today we start our adventure!---Here the journal ends...lol
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Grue

• Bay Watcher
  • Fucked Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2007, 09:51:00 am »

This is a great idea! I would've played if only the PC which I'm currently at wasn't so slow...

Anvilsmith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2007, 09:52:00 am »

Expendable adventurers are all the stuff of comedy, so sign me up!
But I do want to know... In which world is this going to take place? And how is succession handled - via DwarfWiki? Apologies for all these questions, I've only played Single Player before.

Savok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2007, 10:35:00 am »

It will all take place in the world started with.

Currently, it is being organized in this thread alone. If it gets big enough, I might transfer it to the wiki.

So sayeth the Wiki Loremaster!

Haedrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2007, 11:13:00 am »

I have a better idea (IMHO)

Each person starts an adventurer, and plays it until s/he dies OR two days pass.

If two days pass, then the savegame is given to someone else, who moves the adventurer to a town and retires him; then starts a new adventurer themselves.

If you end up playing again, you get to continue with the old one.

When life gives you kittens, make biscuits

Likes llamas for their long necks

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2007, 03:38:00 pm »

Journal of Lide Hoistedirons, found in a cave of great danger.

Day 1

I've decided to go out and help people. I'm sick of staying in this town. The mayor had asked if I could go kill a minotaur who had been terroizing the farmers, and I agreed. I decide to go solo. I don't need any dead weight getting in my way.

Day 2
I have arrived at the cave entrance after a day's journey. I say my prayers and enter, halberd in hand.

I bring good news, journal. I was attacked briefly after entering the cave by hideaous frogmen, but they were weak and fell easily. The minotaur must have heard the commotion, as he screamed at me in anger and charged only a few minutes since my entry. A lucky strike from my bronze halberd and he was thrown backwards, and was easily dispatched. I'm going to collect my reward from the mayor.

Day 3

The mayor has cheated me! I return news of my favor, and he doesn't give me anything! Instead he gives me another quest, this time to kill a cyclops. Looks like I'm going southeast.

Day 4

I've arrived at Ancientdark. It is a place bereft of life, yet with great evil in its place. I fear for my safety. I have little choice now, however. If I flee back to the city, I will be called a coward. No, I must go forth.

(beginning of sentence smeared with blood) but I think I am in a safe area temporarily. My arm has been broken by a hideous giant bat, and I can no longer hold my shield. Yet I must stay, and kill the cyclops.

Oh Gods, I think there is another bat coming! Yes, there is! Please, gods have mercy!

(blood has made the beginning of this sentance illegible)and my chest is bleeding heavily. I can barely wright through this pain. I must try to flee! But... I may not make it. If you are reading this, then that would be the case. Please, bury my body if you find it. I already hear them coming, and I can crawl no further. I hope this journal can make it, after all, I have tried to help this world, and this would be the only way people can remember-

Reign on your Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2007, 02:39:00 am »

We, The King of Parades, have decided to partake in this activity.
ou''re just as free to state your opinion as I am free to completely disregard it.

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2007, 02:48:00 pm »

http://rapidshare.com/files/50846342/save.rar.html

Unfortunately, there are a few regions in that file. All well.

Savok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2007, 05:50:00 pm »

This will be written as notes from me, the player, not the character:

Lide Neseiddim "Innsbuckled," Male Human of Omon Tosi:
Talented Axeman
Competent Shield User
Skilled Armor User
Novice Wrestler

Sold clothes.
Found iron armor shop, but too poor to afford anything. Will come back later. Found iron weapon shop with an exceptional Iron Great Axe. Will come back later.
Attacked by lions, killed. Must remember to avoid being encumbered.

[ August 23, 2007: Message edited by: Savok ]

Savok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2007, 06:27:00 pm »

Erab Apugthomod "Cudgelhugs," Male Human of Omon Tosi:
Talented Axeman
Competent Shield User
Skilled Armor User
Novice Wrestler

Sold clothes, water, food, and boots to become unencumbered.
Found two swordsmen, one axeman, and two drunks to be "friends."
Got quest to kill cyclops in cave.
1 cyclops and 1 swordsman dead. I reappropriated the inventory of the dead.
I sold the uneeded metal and bought a finely-crafted iron great axe. I have 23 gold and 2 silver left.
Paid 20 gold to upgrade my iron low boots by 20%.
Recruited one lasher. My "friends" are as follow:
1 Swordsman
1 Axeman
2 Drunks
1 Lasher
The mayor did not have any quest for me to complete.
We travel to another town.
Got quest to kill pikemaster in ruin.
All "friends" dead.
Mobbed, killed. Must remember to never be in a ruin with no friends.

[ August 23, 2007: Message edited by: Savok ]

Savok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2007, 09:13:00 pm »

The Better Updated List of Adventurers:
4bh0r53n
Gaulgath
Savok
Spelguru
Reign on your Parade
Mayday
Lightning4
Been
Sowelu
Sylverone
Sarpedon
Ben7el
Ancient Whale <-
If nobody wants to play after Ancient Whale does, I'll take the save, and mabye even play a few adventurers on it.

[ October 07, 2007: Message edited by: Savok ]

Savok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2007, 09:34:00 pm »

Birod Bengelkar "Romanticlords," Female Human of Omon Tosi:
Talented Hammerman
Competent Shield User
Skilled Armor User
Novice Wrestler

Sold clothes + meat + water + waterskin for 13 gold and 1 silver.
Got quest to kill cyclops.
Got friends:
2 Axemen
1 Swordsman
2 Drunks
We encounter an easily-defeated tiger.
All friends die.
Lost one silver thrown at cyclops. No effect.
Cyclops is given a serious wound from hammer.
I become tired.
Cyclops dies.
I redistribute the armor and weapons of my dead comrades.
I return to town.
Sell uneeded armor and weapons.
157 gold and one silver had.
Get new quest from Mayor.
Since drunks are the only left recruitables, recruit those.
Upgrade weapons. The price is three gold and one silver.
Upgrade armor, 18 gold.
Find 1 Swordsman. Friends:
1 Swordsman
1 Drunk
In ruins, got mobbed and died. This was the same ruins that killed the last adventurer. Must remember to be attacked by a maximum of two undead at a time.

-----------------
Note: There are two on this because one was on the above post originally, but that post needed to be repurposed.
-----------------

Imec Energulgud "Glimmermurder," Male Human of Omon Tosi:
Talented Hammerman
Competent Shield User
Skilled Armor User
Novice Wrestler

Got quest from Mayor.
Sold clothes + meat + water + waterskin for 17 gold and 1 silver.
Paid 15 gold to upgrade helmet.
Recruited "friends":
1 Bowman
2 Axemen
2 Hammermen
Ignore quest.
Traveled to Ejedtháb "Clobberedpride," the Ruin that killed the last two.
Killed the ruin's boss, but became tired.
Flew the map. 2 Axemen and 1 Hammerman died. The Bowman is out of ammo.
Got mobbed and die, again. I should've followed my own rule.

[ August 29, 2007: Message edited by: Savok ]

Savok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2007, 11:12:00 pm »

Engdul Inolide "Finsound," Female Human of Omon Tosi:
Talented Hammerman
Competent Shield User
Skilled Armor User
Novice Wrestler
Very Strong
Agile

Got killed the same way the last three did.

Savok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2007, 10:12:00 am »

Sorry for being late. Here's the savegame.

Please try to beat the ruin Ejedtháb "Clobberedpride," in Omon Tosi for me, Spelguru.

[ August 25, 2007: Message edited by: Savok ]

Spelguru

• Bay Watcher
  • Rabid Swedish Person
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2007, 08:03:00 pm »

First adventurer.

My name is Spelguru Gastmarthad. Ransackaged. These are my journals.

*several pages later. Only boring travel details.*

Page 3
After long travels I had finally gotten to the kingdom of Omon Tosi, in the village of Thaduse. I wasted no time finding the mayor, a rather heavyset man by the name of Ostri Pakthran. I had come here to solve monster and undead problems. He said there wasn't any... Oh well, I shall begin travelling to a town on the outskirts of the kingdom. Ablide. Hopefully they have some problems.

Page 4
I have arrived in Ablide. By the gods, it's hot. I am once again speaking with a fat mayor. What do they feed their mayors here? Lard? The mayor requested me, on behalf of "The Deep Ivory Councils," to hunt down an undead monstrosity going by the name of Hoodscratches. Finally I'm going to see some action!

Page 5
Ah, some nice shade. These ancient ruins go by the name of Ejedtháb, and lie on the edge of heavy jungle. As I approach me, the smell of rotting festering flesh nearly overpowers me. I can see corpses. Dead, not moving, corpses. Their equipment seem to have been strewn all over the place. I swear this, I shall avenge my fellow adventurers, or die trying. I see some zombies shambling towards me. It's flailtime!

Page 6
I'm sitting in a tree in the jungle north of Ejedtháb. At first they came in disorganized shambling piles, one by one. One of them even had the ability to speak and yelled a challenge. He called himself Redgarnished, and declared he had killed someone named Imec Glimmermurder. That skeleton won't kill anymore living people again. But then, as I approached one of the buildings, a more organized group of skeletons appeared. Moving in a semi-organized group, and not getting easily tricked to get any stragglers to pick off with skirmish tactics, I had to withdraw.

My mission is still not completed. I plan to return by nightfall. And the fury of the spirits of those that died before me come with me!

Page 7
I can hear them outside. I am hiding in a building, but they do not want to enter for some reason. One did follow me though, and I knocked its arms off and sweeped it to the floor. I was about to crush it's skull under my copper boot when the damn thing managed to bite me in the heel, through a weak point in the armour. It's not a large wound, but it is painful, and slows me down. I need to return to town. I don't have any healing herbs with me. But on the other hand, this building seems to contain a large amount of highly valuable ancient crafts. Maybe I should stay a while, since the undead are reluctant to enter.

Page 8
The treasures. When I get back to civilization, I will never have to do anything ever again. I will be richer than a king! There are huge piles of coins, golden crafts and more. Tons of priceless jade artifacts. Enough writing, time to start looting.

Several days later, some scout who was sent to the ruins to give an update on what had happened to the adventurer found a torn apart backpack containing the journal. She also noted that there was several groups of skeletons moving about, not just shambling aimlessly, but demonstrating an almost packlike behavior.

Seriously, those guys were mean. They used an very mean tactic. I approach a zombie at the entrence, and as I approach it it somehow fans out. Turns out it was a stacked group of several skellies and zombies, all squeezing through the entrence to get me.

Got Ninja?
Orkz Orkz Orkz Orkz, Orkz Orkz Orkz Orkz... WAAAAAGH!
NHP (Non human pact. Copy and paste if you are going to destroy all human-like creatures in spore.)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10