Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My trip to the hellish church of oblivion  (Read 717 times)

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My trip to the hellish church of oblivion
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 02:11:00 am »

Did the town name translate to "Innsmouth" by any chance? Is the high priest "Father Dagon"?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 02:15:00 am »

I wonder what an underwater race's inner temple sanctum would be filled with.  Air?

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 02:58:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Keiseth:
<STRONG>Did the town name translate to "Innsmouth" by any chance? Is the high priest "Father Dagon"?</STRONG>

That was an awesome story.

The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 03:31:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Kagus:
<STRONG>I wonder what an underwater race's inner temple sanctum would be filled with.  Air?</STRONG>

Obsidian. They tried to fill it with magma but it didn't work right.

This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Solara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 11:59:00 pm »

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/3079/df14ho4.jpg

This is the one that had me LOLing. All these engravings of the history of a murder cult and out of nowhere, 'The Cheerful Fisher'. Something about the mental picture of a guy with a straw hat and a cane pole sitting on a pier, then oh look, another evil priest enjoying a bout of maniacal laughter...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2008, 06:34:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Puzzlemaker:
<STRONG>

That was an awesome story.</STRONG>

Talking about The Shadow Over Innsmouth?  I never read that one.  I found The Hound to be his scariest.  It definitely had the best ending:
"Madness rides the star-wind... claws and teeth sharpened on centuries of corpses... dripping death astride a bacchanale of bats from nigh-black ruins of buried temples of Belial... Now, as the baying of that dead fleshless monstrosity grows louder and louder, and the stealthy whirring and flapping of those accursed web-wings closer and closer, I shall seek with my revolver the oblivion which is my only refuge from the unnamed and unnameable."

Think about it, what if Toady figured out how to influence architecture and NPC behavior based on religion.  Or what if he made Deep Ones?  Outer Gods?  Oh snap...

[ February 09, 2008: Message edited by: Muffles ]

Shoes...