Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Interesting adventure mode finds  (Read 1223 times)

Troas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting adventure mode finds
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2008, 08:21:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Zogundar:
<STRONG>

Heh. You know that quote by whatshisface about how "The only way I can lose this election is if I am caught with a dead girl or a live boy"?
That's one Mayor who isn't going to win re-election.    :D</STRONG>

Allegedly that quote was by Edwin Edwards of Louisiana.  I think the quote predates him but I haven't found an earlier reference yet.

You'd think handing out the crossbows to brain damaged dwarfs would be a bad idea but it isn't

Save the catgirls!

Railick Stonemane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stonemane Library
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2008, 12:16:00 pm »

Sinister Skittles
"And call a dog a cow-that don't change the way the thing'll taste!" Bruenor Battlehammer

http://railickstonemane.wordpress.com/
http://stonemane.hostei.com/

Nos3y

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2008, 01:16:00 pm »

Terrifying Truffles
Menacing Mackaroons
Creeping Cupcakes
Bloody Biscotti
Carnivorous Cannoli
Okay I'm done, sorry about that.
On Topic:
I never really ran into many interesting things. Just the usual, engraving of my old adventurers and all that jazz.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2008, 03:30:00 pm »

I don't really play adventure mode much (mostly because I can't wrap my head around wrestling and I feel too superior for this... leveling up business. BAH.)

Anyway, back in the old 2 z-level days, I did try it out one or two times.

I just found it interesting that the last time before I died (ETL: 12 minutes), what happened was I had no frigging clue what was going on and just randomly pressed buttons in the world view. Then I entered a goblin fortress. Then I came across goblin children playing hide and go seek in the front yard. Then I strangled one. Then I strangled another one, while strangling the previous one. Then I started pressing all the random commands because heck knew I had no idea what the hell to do.

I think what ended up was that I was attempting to chokeslam one of the children with my second elbow clutched around his neck and my foot holding his head while using another hand to vice grip the other child's third and fourth finger and biting his ear while using my other foot to scratch my nose. Or something like that. Anyway, it looked like a super-extended game of twister.

Then one of the adult goblins lashers came up (must have laughed) and stabbed me in the face with his whip. And I died. And the children went back to their game. I must have been the only adventurer in existence who could not kill anything while trying to kill them for some 10 minutes.

EDIT: What does this have anything to do with interesting finds? I have no clue. Wait! I've got it. Eh... no. I have no clue.

[ January 16, 2008: Message edited by: umiman ]

Pages: 1 [2]