Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Engo Sweatugly - A Record of a Crusade  (Read 743 times)

WillNZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Engo Sweatugly - A Record of a Crusade
« on: February 09, 2008, 03:16:00 pm »

The Rumored Noiseless Kingdoms was a sad land. For the last 700 years the rulers of this nation had been vacillating between the worship of Acmok Sacklice, the Lord of Muck, and Engo Sweatugly, lord of disease and deformity. Rivals and allies at the same time, these two disgusting deities have held the nation in a terrible and firm grip. From the Lustful Dead Smut-Church in the capital Winterback, Sweatugly ensures the prevalence of disease, deformity and evil...

Only one woman dares stand up to tyranny: Peklod Jasroemoth. Orphaned by a carp attack at a tender age, her parents could not defend themselves: Carp are the divine fish of Sweatugly, and to kill a carp would be heinous... if one actually succeeded in destroying a carp. She swore revenge that day and never put down a sword and to slay carp wherever they hide.

Peklod has trained for years secretly in the town of Abmuthe, preparing for the time when she would strike against the Lustful Dead Smut-Church. Finally, in year 1050, she took up the blade and prepared to leave Abmuthe, but not before gathering some information.

"Life, in a word, is Muck", said the mayor. The mayor had carefully applied a layer of mucus to his entire body, as the worshippers of Acmok are required to do every day. Peklod hid her disgust.

"Tell me of the Capital"

"Winter Back is far South-West of here"

"The Lustful Dead Smut-Church who worship Engo Sweatugly is there."

Peklod left immediately, but not before the mayor tried to convert her to the ways of muck. She declined politely, and left the city.

She surveyed the land. Everywhere there was Muck, Deformity and Disease. The competing religions were everywhere, but all she saw were temples to Sweatugly. Soon they would burn.

After a long tiring walk she arrived at Winterback. Slowly she made her way to the temple. It was a revolting place, a murky pond lay in the middle while a few haphazard columns held up the roof. Petitioners surrounded the place, with self-inflicted deformities and diseases, praying to Sweatugly.

She went into the temple. In front of her materialized a hunchbacked man with pustules leaking all over his face. "Greetings" he sneered, "I am the high priest of this temple. My name is Subi Stathraluth."

Subi Stathraluth. They didn't know that she was an enemy. She would have to use this to her advantage...

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Engo Sweatugly - A Record of a Crusade
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 03:21:00 pm »

Nice! More I say, more!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 11:15:00 am »

Awesome! It was only a question of time for something like this to arrive, but I am glad the first on is good quality!
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

WillNZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 06:08:00 pm »

Peklod wondered if she should just have killed the man then and now. Sib looked absolutely revolting. Visible from behind his iron mask one of his eyes was mildewed over, and the other scanned her up and down in lust. She flinched toward her greatsword, wanting to chop the pustulous, hunchbacked half-man into pieces, but she restrained herself. Had she acted in impulse, she would have accomplished nothing but taking one of Engo's servile pawns and her own death. She'd need to act smart.

"Ah hello, I'm Subi Playmatched," he bowed and grinned. "Welcome to the Lustful Dead Smut-Church." He concluded his charade. "Praise disease."

"How does one praise disease, High Priest Subi?"

"You seem to be... comely for one interested in our religion."

"Perhaps I'm looking for a change of heart," Peklod lied.

"Good looks are vanity. I was the most beautiful woman in all of Winterback. The truest sign of peity is the destruction of what makes you appealing, do you not think?"

Peklod choked, "You're a woman? But you're so... so..."

Subi laughed, "Flat-chested? Perhaps, but look closely."

Peklod looked at her exposed chest. There were no more breasts, just two jagged lines sewn shut. The skin was far too tight. "Gods..." For a second, she lost her utter hatred. She was filled with pity. She suppressed it grimly.

A silence hung in the air. Peklod decided to continue her bluff. "I would like to join your flock."

"Are you sure? You look far too nice for our religion. You might even be fresh and virginal. Here, we only accept the worn out, the ugly, the craven, and the perverted. Lust, death, and smut is what we love. Will you give up your purity? Will you accept every disease and every mutilation? Will you allow every dirty, pestilent man into you for the Glory of Engo? Won't you sacrifice every virtue you have?"

She gulped. It sounded like the very worst thing possible. "Sure. But I was thinking of more missionary work... outside of the temple. To convert... heathens..."

She had rehearsed this line for so long. It was the culmination of her plan, if she was a missionary, she could bring a group of people to the temple without fear of suspicion. Armed men, with a literal axe to grind against Engo's church.

Subi was unreadable behind her iron mask. "Alright," she said. "Bring me converts from the nations beyond. We will consider whether to let you enter into this church."

Peklod hoped her sudden relief did not alert Subi to her treacherousness.  She bowed and dismissed herself.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 07:54:00 am »

That priestess is just lovely, isn't she?   :D
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...