Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Will I ever be strong?  (Read 813 times)

Gnomechomsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Will I ever be strong?
« on: November 27, 2007, 07:52:00 pm »

My adventurer is Perfectly Agile and Superhumanly Tough, but not even a little bit strong.  Will he ever develop that attribute at all?

Dreamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Will I ever be strong?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 08:20:00 pm »

As long as you keep developping skills you'll keep improving - It's a matter of chance as to which attribute is improved, though, whether you're sneaking around or swinging a hammer.
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲/
◄Nothing Beats Menacing►
/▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼\

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 03:41:00 am »

or swimming

nothing can powerlevel an adventurer as fast as swimming and then sleeping in the water

[ November 28, 2007: Message edited by: Akroma ]

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Eagle of Fire

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Fire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 04:14:00 am »

quote:
Will I ever be strong?

When you'll grow up, you'll be able to get as strong as you like. For now, eat your plump helmet pudding and go clean your room!

:p

I am on a hot streak... literally.

uberubert

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 07:22:00 am »

Throwing is also a nice way to power-level your adventurer. You can quickly throw lots of free stuff (sand, rocks..) at the tile you are standing on. 600 throws from no-skill brings you to legendary  :)

Rocks and sand can be infinitely picked up once you find a tile containing it.

Uberubert cancels forum post: Interrupted by Dwarf Fortress

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 09:58:00 am »

Does throwing still get horribly inaccurate at maxlevel?
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Hypcso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 07:16:00 am »

It does seem less accurate at max. However the extra range at which you can successfully hit things is increased by a crazy amount. Almost worth it.

Genuine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 09:03:00 am »

You may have hit the same bug I had once. I advanced an adventurer to perfectly agile and superelvenly tough, but stat increase seemed to completely stop after that point and I never received a strength boost.

And before someone asks, yes, this was with an adventurer who had more than enough experience to have completely leveled to either mighty or ultra-mighty (multiple legendary levels in throwing, ambushing, wrestling, archery, and near-legendary level shield, armor, and sword skills). I'm not really sure what happened, but I guess my adventurer just wanted to be a weeny forever.

Eagle of Fire

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Fire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2007, 03:02:00 pm »

It been suggested around that dwarves can still upgrade their attributes over the max, there is simply a shortage of names...
I am on a hot streak... literally.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 05:54:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Eagle of Fire:
<STRONG>It been suggested around that dwarves can still upgrade their attributes over the max, there is simply a shortage of names...</STRONG>

It's actually been proven.

But on the topic of some stats not developing, this happens sometimes (but very rarely) in fortress mode the starting attribute  bonus (if you've bothered to give them a decent amount of ability in pretty much anything) to a dwarf usually dictates what gets maxed out first and what gets developed later, or sometimes it goes equally. Actually that's just speculation, but it sounds convincing, right?

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Haedrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2007, 04:07:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Eagle of Fire:
<STRONG>It been suggested around that dwarves can still upgrade their attributes over the max, there is simply a shortage of names...</STRONG>

must....avoid...dragonball...reference..

When life gives you kittens, make biscuits

Likes llamas for their long necks