Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Interesting note about a reclaimed site  (Read 9553 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Interesting note about a reclaimed site
« on: March 08, 2008, 12:22:00 pm »

So, I decided to reclaim the first fortress I'd made with some new civs. My evil Dyansauri (who wiped it out) and High Elves, who are more human then the tree loving wood elves, but still respect animals. Oh, and they have merchants, which I've discovered means you can request exotic pets like leopards. Fun!

Anyway, the first time I did this map I had Elves, Humans, and Dyansauri show up. This time, I've got Elves, High Elves, and Goblins! So apparently the same site can have different races show up every time a fortress is built in the same spot.

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting note about a reclaimed site
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 03:29:00 pm »

Are you sure your ADVENTURE_TIER tags are O.K.?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 10:46:00 pm »

Gonna leave that one to Sean.

As for the fort location, it could be and unlikely A) During the year after fort abandonment (the default period that passes), the nearby civs changed their holds of power, and thus some grew more powerful in that one specific area.  Or, B) You aren't settling in exactly the same spot.  What does the map look like?

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 11:59:00 pm »

If you settle there as a different civilization then you will have different neighbors. ie; if you first settled with dwarf kingdom 1, you could possibly have different neighbors if you settled in the exact same site with dwarf kingdom 2.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 10:14:00 am »

Hmmm. I'm really not sure if I'm the same kingdom or not. I just hit reclaim, and sort of assumed everything would be the same. I know I didn't change the map location any, since it's identical to what I left.

I think the adventure tiers are right. The High Elves are 4, and the Dyansauri don't have one, since I copied them off of the goblins.

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One